Career Assistance and Resources for Employment Center in Mission, Canada  » Job  »
33171-2nd Avenue, Mission, British Columbia, V2V 6T8, telephone number 1-604-814-0732
  • I rather enjoyed surfing the Web for available opportunities in the various online job boards
  • CARE Mission is definitely worth all its federal and provincial funding

• by RichieMogwai

CARE Mission is one of many employment resource centers, which seem to be scattered all across Canada these days, and for a good cause. The truth is, the unemployment numbers are rising, which is why the Canada-British Columbia Labor Market Development Agreement has provided the funding for such centers. I have been to some of these centers in the cities of Vancouver and Surrey. However, I never expected to end up in the city of Mission. I was glad, however, to be followed by such a center wherever I went.

For the truth is, with my recent and unexpected move to Mission, my current resume has become outdated in lieu of the change of address and telephone number. I

could also revise my resume in the community library, but this means that I have to pay for the print outs. I could do the same in the homeless shelter where I live, but I since I have been there, I have not seen anyone use the computer, which as the note says, may only be used by a resident for half an hour. These are the circumstances, which compelled me to seek the assistance of Care Mission.

To my surprise, this employment resource center is much bigger than the one we had in Surrey. The computers were also newer and hence, faster. I rather enjoyed surfing the Web for available opportunities in the various online job boards. The ...

• staff was also very helpful, and have this genuine smile on their faces. They not only seem to enjoy what they are doing. I would like to think that it is all a part of the small community feel of the city of Mission, where residents seem to deal warmly with each other.

So without spending a cent, I managed to print ten copies of my revised resume, of which I was very happy with the quality. CARE Mission is definitely worth all its federal and provincial funding. CARE, by the way, is the acronym for Career Assistance and Resources for Employment. There is also a branch in Abbotsford, and who knows, I just might end

up there in the future. With the way the economy is swaying, I cannot predict anything with certainly any more. In these hard times, the taxpaying individual needs every bit of help he or she can get from the government, and although CARE only covers a small aspect of the job hunting process, it does so systematically and efficiently, no doubt about it.

One of these days, I just might go for the program’s career counseling service, or even its employment workshops. For now, I will try to make use of my freshly printed resumes as best as I can. Here’s hoping that these pages will work like a good hook to catch the fish in the job market ocean.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631121372770231/k2311a1231/12.31.10