Carl CB-8200 Cashbox  » Other  »
  • I like the cashbox because it is very compact but can still fit all the cash and coins we need in the office
  • It has surprised me many times by fitting the cash we have when I thought they would not fit in the box

• by TheCity

I work in a pretty small office with less than 10 employees. As I am in charge of the payroll, accounting, and such things, I am entrusted with the petty cash box where all the money we need for salaries and miscellaneous expenses are placed. The cash box is just small, around 4 ½ x 6 ½ x 2 1/2 and is a bit heavy because it is made of metal. We just bought it at the bookstore. It has dual security features; it comes with

2 keys and a number lock which you set anywhere from 0-59. You can only open the cashbox if you have the key and the dial is set to the right number.

I like the cashbox because it is very compact but can still fit all the cash and coins we need in the office. It has two compartments; one for coins, and the other for bills and other small items, and is quite easy to organize. It has surprised me many times by fitting the cash we ...

• have when I thought they would not fit in the box. It looks very professional and yet is very economical because it does not take up much space.

One thing though, is that despite its security measures, if the person really wants to steal the money inside, all they would have to do is grab the cash box and run away. Although it has dual security measures, there is probably some way to pry it open. That is why I still have to place it in

a cabinet and take care to lock the cabinet at the end of the day. You can affix the box to the wall or the table, but it would probably easy to pry it loose. All in all, this cash box is sufficient for petty cash use, as long as you keep it locked up when you are not around and as long as you trust the people around to at least not run away with the whole thing. But for more important items, this is not recommended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1231121372760231/k2311a1231/12.31.10