Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick (Beige 112)  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like nude shades of lipsticks and this is a good shade for me

• by tabs

I am not a big fan of Estee Lauder makeup. I really do not like the scent that they put on their lipsticks. However, given as gifts, I would gladly accept them. I was given by my mother an Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Beige 112. It comes in a golden plastic lipstick case. It really does look very simple, and for some reason the ones in the stores have a different packaging. This may have come from a travel pack or something.

The shade of the Beige 112 is really of the brownish, nude shade. I like nude shades of lipsticks and this is a good shade for me. I have yellowish tan skin, and this does quite make my face look washed off a bit. What I

do is I simply just use a darker, more pinkish lip liner and fill my lips with the color. After the lining I simply swipe this lipstick on my lips. Or sometimes I cover this lipstick with gloss too. The color is very muted, so it is alright with me to mix it with some darker shades or more reddish shades if I wanted to.

The consistency of the lipstick is creamy. It is very easy to put on the lips, just a simple single swipe will almost always do. It is highly pigmented too, so that there is no need to apply a lot of color which is great. What is good about this is that it is a Long Lasting Lipstick, and it does work like that. I would use ...

• this lipstick when going to weddings and special events, and whenever I do my smoky eye makeup look. The nudes and the muted shade is great for dark eyes. This lipstick has a very matte finish too. If you are looking for a creamy, shiny lipstick, this is not the one for you. This has a very matte and drying finish on the lips. Wearing this sometimes makes me look unhealthy so I have to use this with liners or with lip glosses. This does last a long time, and it once it sets it does not have to be retouched time and time again. This saves me from the hassle of continuous retouching especially when I go to important events. Since this has the tendency to become dry after some
        time, I would use a lip balm before putting this on. I also use a lip gloss to cover this so that my lips do not look too matte.

One thing I really dislike about it is the signature Estee Lauder scent that they always put in their lipsticks. I really hope that Estee Lauder will make makeup that do not have scents or maybe put a slightly milder scent than usual. Sometimes I get a headache from smelling my own lipstick.

This is a good lipstick, but quite pricy. This costs around $20 per lipstick. It does work well, but has a tendency to get really dry and again, the smell sucks. I will not buy this, and I am just lucky to have used it because it was given to me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131121372650231/k2311a1231/12.31.10