The Body Shop Hi-Shine Lip Treatment (Bronze Beam)  » Cosmetics  »
  • Actually when I think about it, for the cost of $15, this lip gloss lasts a long, long time
  • I bought the Bronze Beam, 03 shade of the Body Shop Hi-Shine Lip Treatment
  • I love this shade because it is quite accurate
  • What I like about this tube is that it does not come with an applicator
  • Using it is really easy and very convenient

• by tabs

I have been loving the Body Shop Hi-Shine Lip Treatment Lip glosses. I have had this lip gloss for months and I still have not finished a whole tube. I did use it every day at some point, but then I alternate it with different lipsticks too. One tube costs around $15. It comes in a transparent tube where I could see the shade that I am buying. Each tube has 13ml of lip gloss. Actually when I think about it, for the cost of $15, this lip gloss lasts a long, long time.

I bought the Bronze Beam, 03 shade of the Body Shop Hi-Shine

Lip Treatment. I love this shade because it is quite accurate. It does seem to be nude-ish, slightly brown-ish shade with some shimmer in it. The scent is of passion fruit, which I happen to love because of its citrusy scent. It contains Namibian Morula Oil, some avocado oil and lanolin to protect and moisturize my lips.

What I like about this tube is that it does not come with an applicator. For hygienic purposes this comes in a tube that has a slightly angled tip and small hole for the lip gloss to be dispensed. I could just the tip of my finger to get some gloss from the tube or better yet, use a lip brush to apply precisely on my lips. Or sometimes I just squeeze the tube and swipe the gloss directly on my lips, but it can be quite messy when I do and the application may be uneven. The one thing that bothers me is that when I travel (I am a frequent flyer), the tube seems to get pressurized inside and when I land on my destination and open the tube, a huge amount of gloss comes out of the hole and a lot of product is wasted.

Using it is really easy and ...

• The Body Shop Hi-Shine Lip Treatment  (Bronze Beam)
      very convenient. Since the tube is small I could just bring it anywhere with me in my makeup kit. I like that it comes in a tube compared to a pot, like my previous lip glosses. The consistency of the gloss is rich, very creamy and quite sticky. It is quite pigmented, so it may cover the usual color of my lips. When put on the lips, it seems to act as a sealant so that it covers and protects my lips. It takes a while to come off too. Sometimes removing it is quite difficult since I have to wipe it off rather hard
      to remove it. It does come off on the glasses when I sip something to drink, but it does not remove it completely. Even removing it with water is difficult.

Overall this is a good lip gloss. It is not too expensive, lasts a long time, and provides a nice looking, healthy gloss. I love how it makes my lips look healthy and glossy. This is a good product and keeps my lips from drying out no matter what the season is. It is handy, can be brought anywhere, and is not too difficult to use. It can be used alone, with lip liner or with lipstick.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3131121372640231/k2311a1231/12.31.10