YS Royal Jelly Honey Bee Extract Ultimate Strength, 11.4 oz paste  » Health  »
1.5
  • I thought it would be a pleasant thing to take every day
  • For the very first time since I have known this person, the friend who gave me the Royal Jelly actually admitted she was disappointed in it
  • As for the Royal Jelly, that is one product I think I will leave to the bees so they can do with it whatever they need to
  • I wouldn’t recommend this Royal Jelly product though

• by reviewabit

I have a friend who insists that I try every natural product on the market. It gets a bit overwhelming, as sometimes she wants me on something new while I am still trying the last “experiment” and I cannot tell which is effective or not!

This Royal Jelly was given to me after she got free samples from some natural medicine panel she belongs to. I was to take a half teaspoon every day, and it was supposed to improve my overall health and well being and increase my energy level. Why? I’m still not completely sure.

I got a spiel about how bee hives are completely sterile and obviously this substance kills germs… but our bodies are not sterile and shouldn’t be– we have natural flora. And uh, we’re

not bees. Nevertheless, I tried it.

I thought it would be a pleasant thing to take every day. After all, I love honey. Well, this isn’t honey.

This is strong and bitter and not something you would want in your afternoon tea, trust me. Thank goodness the dose was only a half spoonful. I am still at a loss as to why it would not be better to take this in a capsule so that you don’t have to taste it, but apparently the makers believe that it is best closer to its natural form, which is some kind of sticky goo inside a beehive.

All things considered, it is a favorable alternative to sucking it straight from a beehive, I suppose. I took the nasty, sticky goo ...

• until the jar ran out. It lasted quite awhile.

Or maybe it just seemed that way. It seemed to last forever. If it had been honey, I would have had it gone in a week, diabetes be damned.

I can’t say that I felt any different at all while taking it. For the first few weeks I was taking it alongside a high potency vitamin that was supposed to give me more energy, and I was having more energy. After I stopped the vitamin because of stomach intolerance to it, the energy level returned to usual, so I am pretty sure that had nothing to do with the bee stuff.

she was disappointed in it. She didn’t feel any effects from it either. I tried to console her by telling her there were a million other natural remedies out there waiting to be tried– and some of them did work.

We had both seen it happen, for ourselves and other people. As for the Royal Jelly, that is one product I think I will leave to the bees so they can do with it whatever they need to. I am pretty sure they are not making it for us, and they might think we’re nuts for wanting to eat it.

I do love beeswax products though, and honey. I adore honey. I wouldn’t recommend this Royal Jelly product though… unless you just really have tried everything else and are quite bored.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429121372551031/k2311a1229/12.29.10