The Deal (movie)  » Movies  »
1.5
  • Of course, I am neither a fan of films of the romance comedy genre, nor the popular romance actress Meg Ryan, but one day when I was very bored and nothing else was being aired on cable television, I decided to watch the movie “The Deal”
  • What I hated about the plot was that I thought that it was terribly predictable and that is one of the things that made the movie unbearably boring for me
  • Thus, I guess that I would recommend that romance comedy fans try to watch “The Deal” anyway

• by Redtape

Of course, I am neither a fan of films of the romance comedy genre, nor the popular romance actress Meg Ryan, but one day when I was very bored and nothing else was being aired on cable television, I decided to watch the movie “The Deal”. I had never expected that it was going to surprise me and turn out to be an impressive film, and “The Deal” ended up living up to my expectations

of it.

To cut a long story short, the movie “The Deal” is about a failed Hollywood producer and a studio executive who is played by the actress Meg Ryan, who meet on a project and who end up falling in love. What I hated about the plot was that I thought that it was terribly predictable and that is one of the things that made the movie unbearably boring for me.

What I also ...

• hated about the movie was that like many of the so called romance comedy I have watched I just did not think that it was funny. Everything, including the so called comic relief in it seemed very forced, fake and boring.

Another thing that I hated about the movie was that I did not think that the two actors had any chemistry at all. I just found a hard time believing that their characters were

in love since they seemed so distant from each other, and I am not sure if that is something anyone else who watched the movie “The Deal” noticed.

Nevertheless, even though I hated the film, probably because I never did like Meg Ryan, I did read one or two good reviews on it which I guess was from romance comedy fans. Thus, I guess that I would recommend that romance comedy fans try to watch “The Deal” anyway.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1129121372271031/k2311a1229/12.29.10