China Glaze Re-fresh Mint Nail Polish  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like China Glaze nail polishes but not as much as brands such as Essie and OPI, mainly because the color always seems to apply unbalanced
  • Unfortunately, this nail polish is the same
  • I don't like to do more than two coats, especially with China Glaze nail polishes, because it seems to get really goopy and thick, and whenever I accidentally bump into a sharp object with my nail, even hours later, my nails get a dent in them (if I apply three or more coats)
  • However, I love love LOVE the pastel green color
  • However, I definitely recommend the specific color Re-fresh Mint just because it's so pretty

• by kelairyy

I am in love with pastel colors of all shades. Purples, blues, yellows, and greens. The China Glaze nail polish in Re-fresh Mint is the perfect mint green pastel color, and it looks gorgeous year round but especially in the spring time. It was from the Up and Away collection from China Glaze in early 2010, but you can still find this online in places such as Amazon and specific nail websites.

I like China Glaze nail polishes but not as much as brands such as Essie and OPI, mainly because the color always seems to apply unbalanced. Unfortunately, this nail polish is the same. When I apply the first coat, the color is very sheer and hardly shows up.

Also, some areas of the nails will be very noticeable and other areas are more coated with nail

polish and look pastel green. A second coat does the trick usually, and the pastel green color shows through dominantly. However, some areas will be a little uneven coating-wise, and I will be able to see a little bit of my nail through the nail polish.

This seems to happen with all China Glaze nail polishes, at least for me. I don’t like to do more than two coats, especially with China Glaze nail polishes, because it seems to get really goopy and thick, and whenever I accidentally bump into a sharp object with my nail, even hours later, my nails get a dent in them (if I apply three or more coats). However, I love love LOVE the pastel green color.

It is a perfect shade for me; it isn’t too dark and green-y which I’m not ...

• a fan of, but it isn’t too light where you can’t really tell what color it is either. There isn’t any shimmer to this nail polish, but it doesn’t dry matte either. It’s a nice cream finish, which is personally my favorite finish.

Unfortunately, Re-fresh Mint chips pretty quickly even after a top coat on top. I’ll get a few small chips the day or a few days after application, but it still looks decent for about five to seven days on my nails. This nail polish isn’t hard to take off with nail polish remover.

The brush is very thin which I’m not a fan of because it takes longer to coat the whole nail with the Re-fresh Mint color. The price for China Glaze nail polishes is around $6. 50 which isn’t too bad because the quality

of China Glaze is decent.

Not my favorite, but they’re okay. You can get China Glaze at Ulta and Sally’s Beauty Supply stores. I’m really disappointed that they don’t have this shade in Essie or OPI nail polishes, because I would definitely pick those up if they did.

I’m not the biggest fan of China Glaze nail polishes, but the great thing about them is the amazing color range. I LOVE the color Re-fresh Mint; it’s a gorgeous color for year round wear, and that is why I’m definitely going to try and get my hands on this again when I run out, even though it’s limited edition. However, if another better quality brand came out with this shade, I would probably purchase that over China Glaze.

However, I definitely recommend the specific color Re-fresh Mint just because it’s so pretty.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3129121372060931/k2311a1229/12.29.10