Nablus Natural Olive Oil soap bar (with tea tree oil)  » Cosmetics  »
  • One thing I actually like about the soap though is the small little bits of olive you can see in the soap--it's rather like black specks but I think it's olive all the same

• by Soapbar

This olive-skin coloured soap bar is packed in a simple green box, handmade in Nablus and packed with minerals. This soap bar was appparently best suited for treating oily skin and getting rid of acne.

The idea was that the soap stripe your skin of oil and leave it really dry, like how normal soap is used to wash off grease on pans.

So I tried it for my face:

It took a while to lather, which I didn’t quite like because other skin care products just require a pump or two. The smell was quite pleasant, giving me a rather earthy and natural feel. However, the soap left my face completely striped of moisture and at that time I haven’t begun using oil-free moisturizers.

Basically products which leaves the skin really dry are not good, because even though I have oily ...

• skin, when the face wash leaves my skin really dry, my hormones would end up producing even more oil to replace the moisture lost.

Because of this, my face seemed to get even oilier throughout the day, which was not exactly what I wanted.

One thing I actually like about the soap though is the small little bits of olive you can see in the soap–it’s rather like black specks

but I think it’s olive all the same. It makes me think that they squashed lots of olives for the soap.

Therefore the soap didn’t really work out for me, but I still use it ocassionally (can’t wait for it to be used up though) for my body rather than my face.

Overall, despite the nice earthy scent and tiny olive specks…there are many more better facial products to use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3129121371470831/k2311a1229/12.29.10