Commemorative 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Swatch Wristwatch  » Watches  »
  • The 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Swatch wristwatch is one amazing watch I would recommend to everybody, especially the sports buff
  • I am so impressed with the wristband which is complete rubberized so I do not mind being stuck in the rain without an umbrella
  • Another thing I like about it is the fact that the numbers on the watch face, written in stark white, tend to glow in the dark
  • Definitely, rubber is much better than a leather wristband
  • I think there is a lesser chance of catching allergies with rubber than any other material, because germs cannot stay on it or breed in it for a long time

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

The 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Swatch wristwatch is one amazing watch I would recommend to everybody, especially the sports buff. In addition, if you do scuba diving as well, then good for you. This watch is blue, while the prints are white. The first thing that attracted me to this watch was the fact that it was water resistant. Billed as a scuba diving watch, I have no idea though how much it can stand exposure to water, especially down there in the bottom of the ocean.

It does not bother me so much though as I have not done any scuba diving, but I could imagine that it will probably be a handy tool out there, being able to tell the time while lost

in the aquamarine wilderness. I still plan to call Swatch what the company really means with water resistant, if it is a much stronger term than waterproof, for example.

By all indications according to my tastes, this watch is a winner. I am so impressed with the wristband which is complete rubberized so I do not mind being stuck in the rain without an umbrella. I will probably get all wet, but my wristwatch will probably not mind getting all soaked up at all.

Another thing I like about it is the fact that the numbers on the watch face, written in stark white, tend to glow in the dark. At first, I did not know how to use it, until ...

• I figured out that the numbers only glow in complete darkness. Therefore, when there is still some light in the bedroom and I need to check the time, all I have to do really is to check up the time from under the cover of my blanket. It works like a charm.

Come to think about it, I have not been much of a wristwatch wearer, but that was until I saw this Swatch on display. I just fell in love with it. At first, I was worried about having an itchy, sweaty wrist, until I realized I just have to adjust the tightness of band. Since I have done that, it has never bothered me. Definitely, rubber is much better than a

leather wristband. I think there is a lesser chance of catching allergies with rubber than any other material, because germs cannot stay on it or breed in it for a long time. I do believe that this watch will last me for some time. The construction seems sturdy enough. The plastic hook keeps the tightness of the band in place, and there are two plastic strips to hold the end of the strap, so it is all good. This is definitely a great watch to have. I look forward to many years of using it, although it does not look like it has a lifetime warranty.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6429121371410831/k2311a1229/12.29.10