Histoire D’Or Jewelry  » Jewelry  »
Centre Commercial, City 2 Rue Neuve 1000 Brussels, Belgium
  • What I like is that you can quietly browse through their selections of jewelry without getting inside the shop
  • There are also some gold, platinum pieces with or without gemstones and watches but these items cost more
  • It is not really the best with the pieces tarnishing after a few months
  • I think the few pieces of jewelry I bought here for the children needs more cleaning than my house itself
  • But, the sales assistants are friendly, the jewelry is affordable (with the exception of gold and precious stones), the designs are varied, modern, different and the location is convenient

• by bethbarl

My daughters are as crazy as me when it comes to jewelry. The youngest one is particularly interested in gemstones. However, since they are still young, I do not really want that they wear something precious or valuable which they will eventually end up losing. In addition, as their tastes are changing (teenage years), they prefer to keep up to date with fashion and look like their peers. I went to Histoire D’Or because my kids were attracted to their display windows.

It is very conveniently located right in the busy commercial center of City 2 (the west side). What I like is that you can quietly browse through their selections of jewelry without getting inside the shop. All 3 sides of the shop are open and

have display windows. When we found something that was suitable for the kids, it was a matter of pointing out the articles to the sales assistants and pay for them. There is no need to take out the items from the glass display just to examine them properly (with the exception of trying on rings).

This jewelry shop sells mostly pieces in silver in different designs which suit a large and varied age group from pre-teens, teens to older men and women. I find the prices reasonable and therefore, affordable. There are also some gold, platinum pieces with or without gemstones and watches but these items cost more.

Because there are items which are affordable, I don’t feel like I am disappointing my kids whenever I ...

• go to this shop. For example, a pair of silver earrings with rose crystals costs me about € 8 while another pair of silver earrings with blue zirconia costs about € 10. With each purchase, an authenticity certificate is also given. Compared to other shops in the area, these are quite reasonable even if the jewelry borders between fancy and fine jewelry.

The only thing which I did not like about this jewelry shop is that it only sells jewelry and related merchandise. It does not do repairs on the items they are selling. It is a simple retailer with no other extra service being offered. If for some reason, clasps and back findings are bended or lost, there is no other choice but to go

to another shop to do the repairs or replace materials. In addition and which perhaps is the most important factor is the quality of jewelry sold. It is not really the best with the pieces tarnishing after a few months. In other words, the quality of the silver used is not low tarnishing. I think the few pieces of jewelry I bought here for the children needs more cleaning than my house itself.

But, the sales assistants are friendly, the jewelry is affordable (with the exception of gold and precious stones), the designs are varied, modern, different and the location is convenient. I would not hesitate to go back to this place the next time I am thinking of getting affordable jewelry for my kids.

ilya says :

don’t buy from them they sold me stainless steel instead of silver for 70 euro

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4529121371300831/k2311a1229/12.29.10