Lara Bedroom Set from Vastiau Godeau
  • Her favorite color at the moment is white and although I would have preferred that she chose another color, I decided not to say anything as this was one of he few occasions in her life where she could actually choose her own furniture
  • If space was an issue with my oldest child’s bedroom, this is even a more crucial aspect in deciding whether to get a closet or not with this particular set
  • One of the disadvantages if not a major one of having white furniture is that it is quickly dirty
  • In the end, I think she made a good choice
  • The main problem I had with the Lara furniture is that the manufacturer in Germany never got it right

• by bethbarl

While my oldest daughter chose the Nitron furniture, my other child opted for the Lara Bedroom set. Her favorite color at the moment is white and although I would have preferred that she chose another color, I decided not to say anything as this was one of he few occasions in her life where she could actually choose her own furniture. All pieces of this bedroom set are white in color.

The wooden bed is the centerpiece of this set as it is called a Captain’s bed. I really don’t see what’s so attractive with having a bed where all three sides are closed except for one side where she has to get in and out. For her, she feels secure as she decks all sides of the bed with pillows. It is really a simple design and

for as long as she is happy with her choice, then I am contented.

The study table is enough for a child her age. It is also fitted with a 3-tier drawer on caster wheels which can be moved easily. This is quite practical to put little things such as stationery supplies and similar stuff.

If space was an issue with my oldest child’s bedroom, this is even a more crucial aspect in deciding whether to get a closet or not with this particular set. Since she has already a built in closet in the room, my husband and I agreed that a small cupboard will be sufficient. This piece of furniture has enough room in it to put all the clothes that she needs on a daily wear basis. I also like that there are rubberized stops on all doors ...

• of this set which minimize possible damage to the furniture brought about by constant opening and closing movements.

One of the disadvantages if not a major one of having white furniture is that it is quickly dirty. Or else, dirt is immediately visible especially dust. However, this color also brings a lot of depth to the small room she has which somehow looks bigger and brighter because of the white furniture (the walls are painted in white). In the end, I think she made a good choice.

The main problem I had with the Lara furniture is that the manufacturer in Germany never got it right. Like the Nitron furniture, this set is also made to order. Although the waiting time is shorter (just 6 weeks), the pieces they made were defective. Until now, I am waiting for one part of the Captain’s

bed which cannot be fitted because there are no holes to put the screws in. Fortunately, that bed is versatile. It can also be mounted as a normal bed with 2 sides open. This is the current set up which my daughter is sleeping on while waiting for another month for the factory to send in a replacement piece. It is either this or continue sleeping on the floor with a mattress. In total, the waiting time will be now 4 months which is really unacceptable. Paying € 800 for this whole set can or can be worth it. If I were to take account of all the grief I had while waiting for this furniture to arrive then, no. But when I see how much my daughter likes the furniture then I would say yes, I’m glad I agreed to order this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5729121371280831/k2311a1229/12.29.10