Nitron Bedroom Furniture from Vastiau Godeau
  • What I like best about this furniture is that the other pieces in the set can be adjusted depending on the living space that one has
  • I can choose 1, 2 or 3 modules and since space is an issue, I got a 2 module closet which just fits in her room corner
  • I had them all delivered and assembled at extra cost because I cannot do it on my own
  • For my part, I believe this is a high quality furniture (the whole set costs about € 1,300) which will serve and last for a long time

• by bethbarl

My children never had furniture of their choices because we were often living in furnished houses. With the exception of the mattresses which were always new when we changed duty stations overseas for the past 15 years, the rest of the furniture they or we were using were always provided by the office of my husband. Moving in to Belgium was a wonderful opportunity for them to make their own choice of furniture for their own rooms.

After looking at the furniture from Vastiau Godeau which is a furniture shop in Alsemberg, Belgium, my oldest daughter chose the Nitron furniture. Initially, she wanted a princess type of bed which is more suitable for young kids, those in the 8-10 year range. Thankfully, she realized as well that she will quickly outgrow this type of furniture and opted

for the Nitron furniture.

This is a bedroom set which is composed of a single bed with a Bulltex mattress, frame and a closet. In addition, there is also a study table which goes with the set.

The dominant color of the Nitron bedroom set is anthracite grey. I find this color easy to blend in any room and is suitable for both boys and girls as it is a neutral color. It also is quite easy to maintain and keep it clean.

What I like best about this furniture is that the other pieces in the set can be adjusted depending on the living space that one has. For instance, it is not possible to fit a very large study table in my daughter’s room as the room is not that big. In this regard, this ...

• particular model can have several sizes of furniture to fit in the space that you have. The closet is the same. I can choose 1, 2 or 3 modules and since space is an issue, I got a 2 module closet which just fits in her room corner. The single bed is a standard size of 90x 200 cms. which is enough for a teenager like her.

This is a set of bedroom furniture which you would not do on your own as the pieces are quite heavy (some weighing as much as 20 kilos per part). I had them all delivered and assembled at extra cost because I cannot do it on my own. However, they are all sturdy and robust which is quite important as I do not want my child crashing down in

the middle of the floor with a weak and flimsy frame nor do I want that the closet collapses once it is filled with heavy things. In this regard, all the pieces of this bedroom set can take a hard beating if necessary and won’t budge at the slightest pressure.

The only major drawback for me is that this furniture had to be made to order and this can take a long time. In my case, it took the factory in Germany 8 weeks before the set can be delivered and mounted. However, for my daughter it was well worth the wait as she loves the design and color of the furniture. For my part, I believe this is a high quality furniture (the whole set costs about € 1,300) which will serve and last for a long time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5729121371270831/k2311a1229/12.29.10