Lancome Photogenic Lumessence Light Mastering and Smoothing MakeUp SPF15  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like the effect on my face and I got the full bottle for € 42,90 last week
  • Like most liquid foundations I have used in the past, this one is also in a glass bottle and fitted with a pump which I find convenient
  • The directions state that a brush or the fingers should be used to apply this foundation on but I prefer using a sponge

• by bethbarl

I go to Paris VII in Luxembourg for my cosmetics and perfume needs. Often, I get a lot of samples for my purchases and one of the samples I got was Lancome’s Photogenic Lumessence. I like the effect on my face and I got the full bottle for € 42,90 last week.

Like most liquid foundations I have used in the past, this one is also in a glass bottle and fitted with a pump which I find convenient. I don’t find it handy though for travelling because of the glass material. As a routine, I dab a small amount of the foundation onto a sponge and blend it on

my face. The directions state that a brush or the fingers should be used to apply this foundation on but I prefer using a sponge. The consistency is just right which makes blending an easy task. There is no need to exert a lot of pressure on the face just to spread the foundation. The coverage is even and best of all, produces a smooth, luminous effect which does not deflect when light shines on it. It also does not feel heavy on the face and I feel comfortable while wearing this make up.

Just before Christmas, my kids took a picture of me to send to family members. My picture looks better because the foundation gave my face a natural look. It cleverly masked my eye bags and the uneven hues on my face brought about by aging. While I cannot say that it made me 10 years younger, it made my face appear relaxed and free from a lot of wrinkles. It also gave more life to my face and instead of appearing pale and haggard looking, it livened up my face by giving some color to it.

The product claims to have a long lasting effect and this is true. At this moment, I cannot test it under hot or humid conditions as it is cold. And ...

• Lancome Photogenic Lumessence Light Mastering and Smoothing MakeUp SPF15
      although it says on the bottle that the makeup can last up to 14 hours, I do not wear make up that long. However, it does last for at least 6-8 hours. I can go out with a made up face and return home in pretty much the same way I left - with a made up face.

I also like that the foundation does not dry my skin and if anything, it provides instant hydration which is beneficial during times like these when tI am constantly indoors (heating which contributes to skin dryness). It saves me time from putting a moisturizer base before I actually put this

foundation on. Beige 03 is a perfect shade which complements my skin well. For best effect, I usually dab on the pressed powder from Lancome with either one shade higher or lower.

This is again a product which I like from the Lancome line of foundations. Previously, I was quite happy with the way Photogenic Ultra Confort Light Reflecting Makeup works. I can say that this is better than that and I am very satisfied with the Photogenic Lumessence (it even has a higher SPF - 15). I would gladly buy this again because it is easy to blend on the face, provides the light, moisturized and natural coverage that I need.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3129121371260831/k2311a1229/12.29.10