Polar FT7 Training Computer  » Health  »
  • I like that I can pause the recording (pressing back) at any time and best of all, that at the end of my training exercise, a summary appears

• by bethbarl

To anyone who loves to do sports or strenuous activities and wants to follow up on their progress, this is a suitable device. My husband got this Polar F7 specifically to ensure that while doing sports activities, he can track his progress while ensuring that his heart is not stressed out. Both of us do not have serious heart problems but he has hypertension. In this regard, he bought this machine primarily to make sure that his heart rate is monitored during exercise. He cycles a lot and while I only use this device during mini joggings, I find it handy and practical.

This training computer has two major components: a WearLink transmitter and a watch. The transmitter has two connectors. While I find it funny that it has to be worn like

a vest under your shirt, this is necessary because the WearLink sends the heart rate beats to the training computer which is the watch (worn as a regular watch).

As a first step, the electrode areas of the transmitter (2 grey areas) has to be run under water after which the connector has to be attached to it. You have to adjust the strap to your body (below the chest muscles) at a comfortable but snug fit. The wet areas of the electrode should touch your skin so that the signals are transmitted through the computer.

To activate the training computer, I hold any button for one second, enter the basic settings such as time, date, units (kilograms, centimeters) weight, height and the like. I use the metric system so any information ...

• displayed afterwards is on kilocalories. User information can be modified depending on who is using the training computer.

Once everything is done, you can start recording your training session (wait first that the display shows your heart rate). It is also possible to alter the sound, heart rate view or other training settings before starting your exercise or sports. I like that I can pause the recording (pressing back) at any time and best of all, that at the end of my training exercise, a summary appears. I find this useful when I want to review the data sent by the transmitter to the computer. I can see how much calories I have burned while half running and half walking and to see my fitness level. For my husband, this is exactly where

this device comes in handy – he can see when he is doing too much effort and therefore based on the signals decides when to stop cycling. For me, it’s like doing a heart stress test in the hospital with the big difference that I can do it whenever and wherever I want.

At the price of € 99,90, this is a moderately priced device which can help you keep track of your fitness program in both the short and long term (upload your data manually on polarfitness.com or through Polar FlowLink). It is not so complicated to use and provides you with important details – knowing if you are burning sufficient calories or improving your fitness levels. For my husband and I, it tells us exactly when we are doing something right or wrong.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429121371240831/k2311a1229/12.29.10