Hagerty Jewel Clean and Silver Clean  » Jewelry  »
  • I love my jewelry but with it comes the responsibility of cleaning them up and maintaining their luster
  • I bought 2 of these – one to clean silver and the other to clean gold pieces
  • I can even dip gold filled or gold over silver jewelry in this solution without a problem
  • At the moment, this is one of the best jewelry cleaners I ever had without resorting to using machines

• by bethbarl

I love my jewelry but with it comes the responsibility of cleaning them up and maintaining their luster. Upkeep is a tiresome chore but which I acknowledge must be done. I have been putting off buying an ultrasonic cleaner as for one, I do not know where I could buy it a brick and mortar store. In addition, I have read reports on the net that says that some of them could damage jewelry. In the end, I opted to buy the Hagerty Jewel Clean. I bought 2 of these – one to clean silver and the other to clean gold pieces. Although I was satisfied with using Jewel Clean in Botswana, this product does not exist here.

Hagerty is a trusted brand which has been around for years since 1895. Therefore, when I saw it in the supermarket this time, I immediately picked them up. The only downside

is this is not a two in one product. Unlike Jewel Clean which works for both gold and silver, Hagerty has 2 separate products for gold and silver.

Each solution is specificially designed to clean certain jewelries. For instance, Jewel Clean is meant for gold, platinum, diamonds, sapphires and rubies while Silver Clean is for silver and silver plate. I just wished that they come up with a bigger batch of silver solution so that I can bathe my silverware without rubbing and polishing them.

This is really a product which is easy to use. You just have to separate your jewelry, put those which you want cleaned in a basket and dip it in the solution. I can even dip gold filled or gold over silver jewelry in this solution without a problem. I only have to make sure that the jewelries are not in the solution for ...

• more than 2 minutes. For a smaller number of items, the cleaning is done for as shorter as 30 seconds to a minute. Silver items must be dipped 30 seconds max. For larger items, I often dip them between 1-2 minutes. Afterwards, the jewelries need to be rinsed under clear running water (preferably warm water). Each cleaner comes with a square sponge or buff to bring out the sparkle in the jewelries.

The results are instant and impressive. All my jewelries are cleaned in a matter of seconds or minutes. The gemstones literally sparkle, silver which has tarnished is restored to its original color and gold which has discolored also looks better. The grime, dirt and residues which are trapped in intricate settings are dissolved leaving my jewelries looking clean and in a good condition. I do not need to leave them overnight in some solution or even

use a brush to remove stubborn dirt. Everything is cleaned with the help of the Hagerty solution. The solution is quite gentle on my jewelries as it uses non-ionic surfactants which has a PH of less than 5. It does not harm my jewelries in any way.

The cleaning effect also lasts for a long time. Unless I wear a piece of jewelry everyday, I hardly need to clean them more than once every 3-4 months. This means that jewelry care is reduced to the minimum while using this solution as it keeps the jewelries in a good condition and gives protection to them.

At the moment, this is one of the best jewelry cleaners I ever had without resorting to using machines. It is a simple, easy but effective method of getting my jewelries cleaned. Hagerty is Jewel Clean’s local counterpart and they both receive a rating of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4529121371230831/k2311a1229/12.29.10