Dr. Beckmann Wasch-Maschinen Pflege-Reiniger (Washing Machine Cleaner)  » Housewares  »
  • Since I bought the AEG Lavamat which was something like years ago, I never had the chance to thoroughly clean it
  • I was always using it whenever I am home (1-2 times a year) and now that I stay a bit longer because of the holidays, I thought it’s high time that the machine gets a complete cleaning
  • This requires more effort on my part but I believe that the results are better and effective in keeping my machine clean and even looking new
  • I know I have cleaned the washing machine well because I got rid of all the scum and remains of detergent and fabcon which have accumulated in the dispenser when I did the soaking
  • I would not hesitate to recommend this product to keep your washing machines clean and functioning well

• by bethbarl

Since I bought the AEG Lavamat which was something like years ago, I never had the chance to thoroughly clean it. I was always using it whenever I am home (1-2 times a year) and now that I stay a bit longer because of the holidays, I thought it’s high time that the machine gets a complete cleaning. Fortunately, I always put Calgonit tabs whenever I do my washing which probably helped a lot in preventing calcaire (limestone) from building up in the machine.

The instructions in this product are all in German so to give a short rundown of how this product should be

used it is something as follows: you have to detach the soap/fabcon dispenser, mix around 50 ml of the product (product is 250 ml) in 4 liters of warm water. Soak the soap dispenser in this mixture for around half an hour. In the meantime, you can also use some of the liquid product to wipe the rubber seals of the washing machine, the door and other external parts. The rest of the product should be put in the slot where you put the detergent during main wash and you should run the machine without clothes, without pre-wash at a temperature of 60°C or more. Depending on the program you have chosen and which is on the machine, this could take about 1 ½ to 2 hours.

I like how this product works. It may not be as simple as another product which I have used before (Carbro) where I just put its contents in the drum and let it run a full wash cycle. This requires more effort on my part but I believe that the results are better and effective in keeping my machine clean and even looking new. I know I have cleaned the washing machine well because I got rid of all the scum ...

• Dr. Beckmann Wasch-Maschinen Pflege-Reiniger (Washing Machine Cleaner)
      and remains of detergent and fabcon which have accumulated in the dispenser when I did the soaking. Wiping the external part also made the machine look better and cleaner. I notice that the rubber seals between the door of the machine and the drum always attract dirt especially when I wash soiled items such as shoes and even muddy clothes. With the product, I am sure that the machine remains hygienic and sanitary.

Running a full machine cycle also ensures that the drum of the machine is well cleaned and eliminates limestone which might have accumulated in the numerous washing cycles. It is one of

the only ways where I am guaranteed that the product will remove the residues on the drum and in the heating elements of the washing machine which could not be cleaned without taking the machine apart.

The cost is also reasonable at just € 5 per bottle. This product should be used at least thrice a year to ensure that the washing machine works correctly and properly. I would not hesitate to recommend this product to keep your washing machines clean and functioning well. It is easy to use and effective in keeping my washing machine in good running condition in addition to almost looking new.

wylie says :

Thank you so much for the helpful translation. Much appreciated

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5329121371200831/k2311a1229/12.29.10