Systane Ultra Lubricating Eye Drops  » Health  »
  • I do not find this packaging very convenient as I believe I will end up wasting a whole bottle because it has expired already
  • I am glad I found this eye drop because I do not have any eye care drops at the moment

• by bethbarl

I wear contact lenses for as long as I can remember. This means wearing them for at least 8 hours in a day. When my eyes give up, I just resort to putting on my prescription glasses to get some relief in the eyes. However, during the times I am wearing my lenses they do tend to get very dry which not only gives me eye strain from squinting too much in front of the computer or from the glare of the lights which contribute largely to dry eyes. In addition, I do not produce enough tears and this is really a funny thing for me. When I was young, I would take offense at the slightest reprimand, would take offense for it and cry immediately, Lately, I do not tear anymore

nor cry. It would help me a lot in alleviating the dry symptoms of my eyes. My ophtalomologist prescribed Systane Ultra Lubcricating eyedrops because in addition to the dryness, I also get painful eyes and because they were so dry I often felt that my lenses would just pop out from my eyes because they were too dry.

These eye drops are packaged in a single plastic bottle of 20 ml. I do not find this packaging very convenient as I believe I will end up wasting a whole bottle because it has expired already. Although nowadays, opened bottles can be kept for up to 2 months, I still find this gives a good opening for the product to be contaminated because it is exposed to air whenever I use ...

• the product.

The dispenser also does not work that well. Oftentimes, I end up using more of the product than I intend to leading to so much waste. Despite this, I cannot deny that Systane Ultra does something to my dry eyes. Upon first application, the immediate effect is refreshing – my eyes feel cleansed and refreshed. It is also moisturized immediately which is really helpful as I cannot see when my contact lenses get dry in addition to the obvious discomfort I am feeling when there are no natural tears and when the environment is so dry.

With Systane Ultra, I only need to apply 2-3 times a day with about 2 eye drops in each eye and my visions gets better and more focused. They are lubricated, moisturized and takes a

lot of the stress and headache away that I get from too much blinking and squinting just to produce some natural lubrication. Even with contact lenses on, this product is safe for use as it will not discolor lenses when applied.

Applying the drops just feels like I am using a regular eye drop and the drops themselves do not sting. I don’t feel any negative reactions as a result of using these eye drops.

I am glad I found this eye drop because I do not have any eye care drops at the moment. The packaging is not so practical but I can overlook this. Systane Ultra provides instant relief to my eyes which lasts for some time making working on the computer, reading and any task which involved the use of the eyes bearable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3429121371150831/k2311a1229/12.29.10