Halls Black Cherry Flavor Sugar Free Menthol Drops  » Medicine  »
  • Sometimes I prefer to get straight to the point and purchase a lozenge or cough drop that will stop the cough in its tracks
  • I got the bag of 25 drops for about two dollars which I think is a fair price
  • The after taste was a little generic and I could have definitely done without it

• by adrean_j

I hate having to deal with a cough and feel it can sometimes be the worst part of a cold. While I do take medications that can get rid of the cough, a lot of them leave me drowsy or over drugged. Sometimes I prefer to get straight to the point and purchase a lozenge or cough drop that will stop the cough in its tracks. I was a little unhappy about the cough and the luck I was having with some other cough drops and decided to purchase the Halls Black Cherry flavor Sugar Free Menthol Drops. I don’t usually use sugar free cough drops, but have

purchased them a couple of times, just to see how they work. I got the bag of 25 drops for about two dollars which I think is a fair price. Unwrapping the little drops was a cinch and carrying them with me was even easier. I could place them anywhere, even in a change purse or small pocket. I expected these drops to taste very funny, but was shocked at exactly how decent they were.

I initially thought the drops tasted like a black cherry drink. It did not taste one hundred percent real or natural and reminded me of candy. It was a bit tart, but nothing ...

• that was serious or that would make them unbearable. What I hated the most about the taste of these cough drops is how the taste follows you around for at least twenty minutes. The after taste was a little generic and I could have definitely done without it. The drops themselves are a shocker for being sugar free and I feel that any one who needs sugar free drops try these. The drops worked decently to get rid of my cough, but mostly kept my throat dry and less irritated. Because my throat did not have that tickle feeling, I was coughing much less than I had in
        the beginning of the day. I think that these drops are very fast acting, and it did not take much for me to feel at ease. After taking the drop I felt a little at ease for a little over an hour. At that point that cough started to become strong again.

I could see myself using these long term, especially when it is during the dry and windy seasons. They work great on my throat and my cough. I would suggest these to anyone with a mild or moderate cough. I don’t see these working too great for a severe cough because they are just not strong enough.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2629121371100831/k2311a1229/12.29.10