Equate Sugar Free Original Flavored Cough Drops  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • The bag is not the best as a space saver, but it can last for quite some time, considering the number of drops inside
  • I also enjoyed how the drops were individually wrapped
  • I would not recommend them to anyone that can tolerate sugar

• by adrean_j

The last time I had a cough I saw an irresistible bag of cough drops on sale. I don’t usually purchase this brand but found that it was considerably low in price. I was able to buy a package consisting of 70 cough drops for only a little over two dollars. I purchased the Equate Sugar Free Original Flavored Cough Drops from my nearest Wal-mart and used them almost right away. They came in a very large resealable bag. The bag is not the best as a space saver, but it can last for quite

some time, considering the number of drops inside. The resealable line, is a little frustrating to deal with on occasion and can some time not line up the way I would like it to. Though it can be a nuisance, I can always get it closed properly. I have not had any problems with the package coming open or the drops spilling from the bag. I also enjoyed how the drops were individually wrapped. This is perfect for those days hen you have to be out and about. I can throw a few in my purse and simply go.

These drops have a very irritating and nasty taste to them. I would not purchase them again based on taste alone. They are quite bitter and have an extreme amount of menthol flavor. I did not like the fact that they were very overwhelming and would often leave my mouth feeling a little hot. I also don’t like the fact that it actually tasted sugar free. I though that it would have more of a natural taste to it, but it did not. I also did not like the fact that ...

• Equate Sugar Free Original Flavored Cough Drops
      the taste would linger in my mouth for quite a while after. I could suck on a lozenge and after it dissolves, still have the flavor on my tongue for another half hour or so. I also do not like that that these drops are not that potent. They are great for quick relief, when your throat feels dry or if you have a mild cough. They, however, are not that good for a serious coughs and they don’t last very long. I can suck one and feel okay, but just 30 to 40 minutes
      later, I will feel like I never took anything for the cough. I found myself popping one of these drops in my mouth every hour or so which, is way too much.

I think that these drops are okay. They are great for people with diabetes that cannot have sugar. I would not recommend them to anyone that can tolerate sugar. The flavor is horrible and the results they yield are minimal. I can see myself continuing to keep these in my purse until they are gone, because they are still a quick fix and very affordable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2629121371090831/k2311a1229/12.29.10