Original A+D Diaper Rash and Skin Protectant Ointment
  • As I applied it, I noticed that unlike other creams and ointments, it actually stuck on the areas where the rash was the worse
  • I like the fact that I only had to use a little bit and not saturate him in it for it to actually work
  • I have stepped on the tube by accident on a few occasions and I never had a problem with the ointment oozing out or wasting anywhere
  • I would recommend this product to all parents looking for a trusted ointment to use on their baby

• by adrean_j

I have had a lot of problems with a couple of diaper rash creams that I have used. I was very upset at how many of the creams were furthering irritation on my baby and was looking for something that would really clear up the rash. My grandmother told me about A+D Diaper Rash and Skin Protectant Ointment and said she has had luck with the product in the past. I went to the store quickly and purchased a four ounce tube of this medication for about 7 dollars. That is more than I usually like to pay for ointments, but I was hoping it would be worth it. The little tube was very easy to open when I got home and even had a little silver

piece over the opening to insure it was not tampered with. I twisted the cap off and used it immediately on my babies bottom. His bottom was fairly irritated considering the failed attempts to treat it in the past days. It slid across his skin with ease and seemed to soothe him a bit. He was not crying as much as he was with prior diaper changes.

As I applied it, I noticed that unlike other creams and ointments, it actually stuck on the areas where the rash was the worse. I have had problems with some other ointments sliding right off of that area and not sticking to it at all. I also liked the way it felt thick against my fingers, letting me know that ...

• it would protect my babies skin against the moisture. After a few uses, I would say about three, I started to see a considerable difference in my sons skin. It was starting to heal in one day, which was great. I was excited because I saw the skin turning from red to a more of a flesh tone. I also got less whimpering from my baby boy when I wiped over the irritated areas, because of ointment was soothing to him. The only thing I did not like about the ointment was washing it out of my hands. It is very thick and needs to be washed off with plenty of soap and warm water. Besides that, this ointment was the perfect thing for my baby. I
        like the fact that I only had to use a little bit and not saturate him in it for it to actually work.

Because you don’t need very much of it, it is very easy for the tube to last for months. As long as your baby does not have a rash everyday, this ointment is good for multiple uses. I also like that the little tube is perfect to take with you and can fit into any diaper bag. The cap is basically spill proof. I have stepped on the tube by accident on a few occasions and I never had a problem with the ointment oozing out or wasting anywhere. I would recommend this product to all parents looking for a trusted ointment to use on their baby.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5429121371050831/k2311a1229/12.29.10