Equate Extra Strength Anti Itch Cream
  • I know that scratching would do nothing for the situation and opted to purchase some cream for the problem
  • I bought the Equate brand Anti itch cream from Wal-Mart of course, and paid only about 3 bucks which is a steal for a ten ounce tube
  • As soon as I applied it, I thought I would feel instant relief
  • I was disappointed as I noticed that I still wanted to scratch after applying it
  • I like the fact that the tube was so big, because I had to reapply the cream multiple times

• by adrean_j

I don’t always use anti itch creams, but found them to be very necessary this past summer. I try to stay away from mosquitoes, but it is not always possible. I live in a desert area, but there is a river not too long from here that can attract the worst of the mosquitoes. Though I try to keep covered when going outside I was caught off guard on a coupe of occasions I would wake to very large mosquito bites that were very itchy and inflamed. I know that scratching would do nothing for the situation and opted to purchase some cream for the problem. I have

scratched before and it just leaves the area raw and hurting instead of itching. I bought the Equate brand Anti itch cream from Wal-Mart of course, and paid only about 3 bucks which is a steal for a ten ounce tube. The tube was very easy to open and I was able to apply this cream with ease. I liked the texture of the cream because it was slick and fairly simple to rub in.

If I used too much it would take a few strokes to rub it in, but if I only used a little dab it rubbed it with a stroke or two. As soon ...

• as I applied it, I thought I would feel instant relief. I was disappointed as I noticed that I still wanted to scratch after applying it. I decided to ignore the itch for a few moments and it indeed did go away. I used this on multiple bites and felt a little relief, but not as much as I would have liked. I thought that I would not feel the itch again for a while, but it came back after a short while. I found myself applying this cream multiple times a day to the big bites that were really itching me. I also used this ointment on
        my daughter when she had a few mosquito bites, and she said that she felt absolutely no relief. I have also used this cream on irritated areas, where I had dry skin and wanted to relieve the itch. This cream does not do much for a strong itch, but does work for mild itches.

I like the fact that the tube was so big, because I had to reapply the cream multiple times. I had to use quite a bit of it, and still had some cream to spare. I have used it a few more times, but found that it is not my preference as an anti itch cream.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2629121371040831/k2311a1229/12.29.10