Columbia Spaghetti
2.5
  • As I mentioned in an earlier review, my wife and I decided to make spaghetti for dinner last night
  • I know this might sound a bit strange to most people, but even though pasta should taste pretty much the same regardless of the brand, I have found some cheaper brands just aren’t worth the money and was a bit afraid this brand (which I’m assuming was a cheaper brand) would fall into that category
  • I have had other brands that were definitely better and it isn’t one of those brands that is going to improved the overall quality of your meal
  • If you happen to see this brand at the store and don’t have a lot of other brands to choose from, I would recommend it

• by Review Vigilante

As I mentioned in an earlier review, my wife and I decided to make spaghetti for dinner last night. Much like when it came to the sauce, we were limited on funds and had to rely on what we already had in our pantry to make dinner.

And, fortunately, we were able to find a box of spaghetti pasta in the very back.

This was the first time I had tried this particular brand of pasta, Columbia, and I was

a bit curious how good it was.

I know this might sound a bit strange to most people, but even though pasta should taste pretty much the same regardless of the brand, I have found some cheaper brands just aren’t worth the money and was a bit afraid this brand (which I’m assuming was a cheaper brand) would fall into that category.

We made this pasta in the microwave in our new Pasta Boat (a gift from my grandmother this ...

• past Christmas) and, for the most part, I was pleased with what we got.

OK, I won’t go on and on trying to find ways to praise this pasta because there is only so much you can say about spaghetti.

And, truth be told, it wasn’t anything special.

I have had other brands that were definitely better and it isn’t one of those brands that is going to improved the overall quality of your meal.

However, that being said, I

have had plenty of other brands that actually ruined the taste of dinner in the past and I am happy to say this brand didn’t fall into that category either.

In other words, it is an average brand that will compliment most sauces; just don’t expect too much from it.

If you happen to see this brand at the store and don’t have a lot of other brands to choose from, I would recommend it; assuming, of course, you aren’t spending more money on it.

Von says :

re : I know this might sound a bit strange to most people, but even though pasta should taste pretty much the same regardless of the brand, I have found some cheaper brands just aren’t worth the money and was a bit afraid this brand (which I’m assuming was a cheaper brand) would fall into that category
    I prepared spaghetti tonight for dinner and was sorely disappointed with the taste and consistency of Columbia Spaghetti which I purchased from the Dollar Tree. It tasted like paste and felt like paste also as I chewed. Didn’t taste like real food as far as I’m concerned. I won’t be buying this brand ever again and I will warn others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728121371011131/k2311a1228/12.28.10