Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce
2.0
  • My wife and I decided to make a spaghetti dinner when I got home from work last night (neither of us was really hungry for spaghetti, but we didn’t have a whole lot of food to choose from at home and can’t afford to go grocery shopping until I get paid later this week)
  • My wife, who is usually less picky than me when it comes to things like that agreed with me and I noticed that, like me, she didn’t add sauce to her second serving of spaghetti
  • I’m not sure where exactly we got this sauce or what we paid for it but I have no problem saying it is a brand I have no intention of ever purchasing again and would recommend avoiding it if you can

• by Review Vigilante

My wife and I decided to make a spaghetti dinner when I got home from work last night (neither of us was really hungry for spaghetti, but we didn’t have a whole lot of food to choose from at home and can’t afford to go grocery shopping until I get paid later this week). I normally use a particular kind of spaghetti sauce when I make a meal like this.

But, since I didn’t have any handy at the moment, I decided to open a

can of Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce that happened to be in our pantry.

I have had a lot of different brands of spaghetti sauce ranging from expensive brand names to cheap generic store brands.

But, I have to say this is easily one of the worst I have ever tried.

Normally, I try to doctor up canned sauces because they end up being too bland when I don’t add additional spices.

But, last night, I really wasn’t in the mood to do this so, other ...

• than a can of mushrooms, I didn’t add anything to it.

I figured, as a result, the sauce would end up being tasteless.

As it turns out, I was wrong.

It was the exact opposite problem.

I’m not sure what they use for spices in it (I should have taken the time to read the back of the can before tossing it in the recycle bin) but, whatever they used was in too large of quantities.

I could barely get through this sauce both because

the spices were very strong and because they just did not mesh well at all.

My wife, who is usually less picky than me when it comes to things like that agreed with me and I noticed that, like me, she didn’t add sauce to her second serving of spaghetti.

I’m not sure where exactly we got this sauce or what we paid for it but I have no problem saying it is a brand I have no intention of ever purchasing again and would recommend avoiding it if you can.

Del Monte Spaghetti Sauce

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728121371001131/k2311a1228/12.28.10