The Drifters (music group)  » Music  »
  • What I used to like about “The Drifters” music was that, like quite a few of those old R&B and soul music groups I thought that their music was a little more catchy than some of the songs that I heard from the modern version of that type of music
  • I also like the lyrics to most of their songs, which I think are both timeless and romantic, especially much more than some of those songs that I have heard these days that will play on the radio
  • I have also noticed that I have heard a few of the music from “The Drifters” being featured in some movies
  • Some of these movies include the movie “Dirty Dancing” featuring the now deceased actor Patrick Swayze and the movie “The Sandlot” which used to be one of my favourite movies when I was a child
  • I would recommend the music of “The Drifters” to people who love both old and new soul music, and also love songs

• by Redtape

Even though I have not been fond of soul and R&B music, I used to like the music of the old R&B and soul group “The Drifters” some years ago. They were actually a music group that released a lot of hits during the period of time from the early nineteen fifties to the late nineteen sixties.

R&B and soul music groups I thought that their music was a little more catchy than some of the songs that I heard from the modern version of that type of music.

I also like the lyrics to most of their songs, which I think are both timeless and romantic, especially much more than some of those songs that I have heard these days that will play on the radio.

What I do not like ...

• about “The Drifters” however, is that they did not released any more hits in the seventies or after nineteen sixty eight.

A few of the hits from the music group “The Drifters” that I can recall now are songs such as “This Magic Moment”, “There goes my Baby”, “Some Kind of Wonderful”, “On Broadway”, “(If You Cry) True Love, True Love”, “Up on the Roof”, “Saturday Night at the Movies”, and “Under the Boardwalk”.

I

have also noticed that I have heard a few of the music from “The Drifters” being featured in some movies. Some of these movies include the movie “Dirty Dancing” featuring the now deceased actor Patrick Swayze and the movie “The Sandlot” which used to be one of my favourite movies when I was a child.

I would recommend the music of “The Drifters” to people who love both old and new soul music, and also love songs.

Andrew Leither says :

I love music. This very helpful. I am familiar with “The Drifters” and their music and my brother has got a couple of their C.D’s as part of his collection with old and new music they great band and know how to make music

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1428121370871031/k2311a1228/12.28.10