Movie: The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes Smarter Brother  » Movies  »
2.0
  • This should come as a surprise to many because I am a huge Gene Wilder fan and I love Mel Brooks movies
  • Since FMC shows the movies uncut, I decided to take the time to finally watch it
  • Unfortunately, this movie wasn't worth my time
  • The jokes took too long to develop or were overdone and I just didn't find the movie as funny as I thought it would be
  • The movie tries but fails and I would not recommend watching it

• by Review Vigilante

I have heard of the movie The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes Smarter Brother before but, even though it has been around as long as I have (about 35 years), I have never really taken the time to watch it. This should come as a surprise to many because I am a huge Gene Wilder fan and I love Mel Brooks movies.

Of course, this one wasn’t made by Brooks, but he

does guest star in it and it has many of the same actors as his earlier films.

Tonight, I was flipping through the channels on Direct TV and happened to come across the movie on Fox Movie Channel.

Since FMC shows the movies uncut, I decided to take the time to finally watch it.

Unfortunately, this movie wasn’t worth my time.

Gene Wilder put a lot of effort into this movie ...

• as an actor/writer but the film just didn’t live up to movies he has starred in that were written by someone else (like Brooks).

The jokes took too long to develop or were overdone and I just didn’t find the movie as funny as I thought it would be; especially since it skipped around a bit and it was a little hard to keep track of what was going on at

times.

Another thing I wasn’t a fan of was all the singing.

It just didn’t seem to fit the movie at all and made me want to turn it off rather than watch more of it.

This, again, was a bit surprising because, as I said before, I love Wilder and think some of the musicals he has been in are among the greatest films ever.

The movie tries but fails and I would not recommend watching it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1128121370771031/k2311a1228/12.28.10