Bounce Awakenings with Renew-Refresh beads  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • I took a bounce sheet out and noticed not only did it feel a bit sticky but it was covered in purple dots, some bigger than others and the dots were colored in
  • Bounce have come up with an interesting gimmick with their new Awakenings line, but for me it is not worth the money
  • This box of 100 sheets from their Awakening line with the Renew-Refresh beads cost over $5 and is simply not worth it

• by Melissa Glenn

I usually use liquid fabric softener and then a friend gave me a box of Bounce Awakenings with Renew-Refresh beads as a gift. I have to admit I was a little puzzled over the fuss she was making about a box of dryer sheets. I have used Bounce dryer sheets in the past and like them, but for some reason I switched to liquid and never went back.

My friend explained that these Bounce Awakenings were no ordinary dryer sheet. She was so animated that I just had to listen. Apparently Awakenings is the new line for Bounce, and it is the only dryer sheet out there that has the Renew-Refresh bead technology. I was like woah! technology in a dryer sheet, all I want them to do

is soften my clothes and perhaps give them a bit of a nice scent.

The box of these Bounce Awakenings with Renew-Refresh beads was a medium purple color with the word bounce done in white and outlined in both red and orange right across the box. This was a box of 100 dryer sheets which I was sure would see me through to my old age, and in the right hand corner of the box it stressed that this box was in the Paradise Thrill scent. I was starting to think this was a joke.

When I opened the slim cardboard box I was hit by a very strong scent. I am not sure I would call it Paradise Thrill, but it was certainly pleasant; sort of citrusy and ...

• fruity all at once. I took a bounce sheet out and noticed not only did it feel a bit sticky but it was covered in purple dots, some bigger than others and the dots were colored in. Some were half the size of a dime and some about a quarter the size of the dime. I discovered these were the Renew-Refresh beads. Apparently these beads contain a softening agent, and gradually release into the dryer as you dry your clothes. I decided to give one a try.

What can I say. When I put one of these Bounce Awakenings dryer sheets in the dryer with a full load of clothes they came out soft, scented and the purple beads on the dryer sheet had faded to the point

that I had to strain my eyes to see where they had originally been. This dryer sheet did work, but it didn’t do any better job than any other dryer sheet I have ever used. The scent on the clothes faded within one day of them being hung in my closet which was a blessing as my clothes were so scented I feared wearing them in a non scented environment. They were soft, but again any old dryer sheet would have worked.

Bounce have come up with an interesting gimmick with their new Awakenings line, but for me it is not worth the money. This box of 100 sheets from their Awakening line with the Renew-Refresh beads cost over $5 and is simply not worth it. For more information visit www.bounceeverywhere.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5328121370631031/k2311a1228/12.28.10