Jergens Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • So in order to help keep my skin heal and be moisturized I bought the Jergens Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer from the nearby drugstore
  • They also had the smaller bottle but that did not come with a pump dispenser and also the bigger one was of a better value for the money so I decided to go for the large bottle
  • I really couldn’t feel or agree with Jergens claim to penetrate 5 layers of skin
  • After my bad luck with the Jergens moisturizer I went back to my trusted Nivea body lotion only this time I close the most intensive formula that they had and I regretted not getting it earlier because it is just the best anyone can get
  • I am aware that the Jergens lotions are trusted and loved by many around the world and may be more suited for people that are not sensitive to the texture and feel of a lotion but for someone like me who hates any kind of sticky or slimy after feel on my skin left by moisturizers I do not recommend the Jergens Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer

• by true_value

In my previous office we used to have this painfully cold air-conditioning that made my skin so dry and itchy. So in order to help keep my skin heal and be moisturized I bought the Jergens Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer from the nearby drugstore.

To be honest I have never tried any Jergens moisturizers before and bought this solely based on the product claims on the bottle. The lotion claimed to heal and soften by healing dryness at the source for healthier-looking skin Jergens claims it to be made with a blend of Vitamins C, E and B5, and that the fast-absorbing body lotion goes deep beneath skin’s surface to lock in moisture and heal dryness at the source,

preventing its unwelcome return. That it penetrates through 5 layers of skin’s surface to start healing at the source, helps heal extra dry skin including heels, elbows and knees and triples skin’s moisture content with continued use and that it provides 24 hour relief.

The things that bothered me were the ingredients list that mentions Petrolatum and Mineral Oil high up on the list. But then again Jergens does mention that the lotion is also dermatologically tested so that kind of assured me.

The price of it was very attractive. The huge bottle of 21fl oz (621 ml) was priced at only S$7.50. They also had the smaller bottle but that did not come with a pump dispenser and also the bigger one was of a better value for the money so I decided to go for the large bottle.

The lotion is white and has a medium consistency with a nice soothing floral fragrance that is not overpowering. I applied this immediately after my shower for maximum absorption. The lotion had a sticky texture and did not absorb fast. It took me quite a while to rub it into my skin. This was a little odd for me as I have oily skin and the lotions that I normally use are lighter.

After the lotion seemed to sink into my skin the sticky feeling wore off but I could still feel the lotion sitting on my skin as it felt a ...

• Jergens Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer
      bit heavy and thick on the skin surface.

Once I got into office it felt much better the lotion left a subtle glow on the skin but sadly I did not feel that it was moisturizing enough. The lotion seems to be on the skin and instead of feeling moist and making the skin soft this actually feels waxy. I really couldn’t feel or agree with Jergens claim to penetrate 5 layers of skin.

I continued to use it for a week but I didn’t like how my skin felt especially when I came out of the office and into the humid weather it just felt slimy and gooey on my skin. Since I had bought the large bottle and

didn’t want it to go to waste I passed it to my grandmother to use.

After my bad luck with the Jergens moisturizer I went back to my trusted Nivea body lotion only this time I close the most intensive formula that they had and I regretted not getting it earlier because it is just the best anyone can get.

I am aware that the Jergens lotions are trusted and loved by many around the world and may be more suited for people that are not sensitive to the texture and feel of a lotion but for someone like me who hates any kind of sticky or slimy after feel on my skin left by moisturizers I do not recommend the Jergens Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer.

Jergens Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128121370581031/k2311a1228/12.28.10