Mistral Melon Pear Pure Shea Butter Soap  » Cosmetics  »
  • I just thought the scents sounded interesting, and I like trying different kinds of scented soaps
  • I have used up the first bar that I bought, which I think was some kind of a vanilla scent
  • I like how the word Mistral is etched into the soap in their trademark fancy letterwork
  • It's nice that it contains shea butter, too, so I know that it is moisturizing as well as cleansing

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I purchased a couple of these Mistral soaps in different scents at Nordstrom a few years ago. I had never heard of the Mistral company before. I just thought the scents sounded interesting, and I like trying different kinds of scented soaps. I was lucky to get them at a reduced price, too. I have used up the first bar that I bought, which I think was some kind of a vanilla scent.

One great thing about these Mistral soaps is that their bars are a substantial size (7 ounces). So even though this Melon Pear soap costs $8 a bar, one bar lasts a long time. Another wonderful thing about this soap

is that it does not contain parabens. That’s a relief, considering that so many cosmetics and skincare products do contain some form of paraben.

I like how the word “Mistral” is etched into the soap in their trademark fancy letterwork. Below that is etched the word “Provence,” which serves as a reminder that this soap was made in France. On the other side of the soap, Mistral has etched some French words, two of which are “Pur Vegetal.” So we can be assured that this is a pure vegetable soap. It’s nice that it contains shea butter, too, so I know that it is moisturizing as well as cleansing. And even though I ...

• have had this soap for a few years now, the scent has held up. It doesn’t smell as sweet as you might expect, considering that it is called a Melon Pear scent. It does not have an overpowering fruity scent. It is very mild and pleasant.

I like the thickness of this soap. It is about one inch thick, so it is a good size bar to use in the shower as well as at the bathroom sink. I am amazed at the variety of scents that Mistral offers on its website. They carry 36 different scents of French soap. So for anyone who collects scented soaps, you will love visiting the Mistral

website and taking a look at all of the tempting scents (like Green Apple Passion Fruit, Winter Spice, South Seas, and Pink Champagne). But if you like fruity scents that don’t have a candy smell, then I think you will appreciate the Melon Pear scent. I think it is a nice gift to give to your mother, sister, or girlfriend.

It’s handy that Mistral offers this Melon Pear soap in a travel size (or as it says on the website, a “petit” size) for $3.50. So if you have a loved one who travels extensively who loves melon or pear scents, then the small size would make an ideal stocking stuffer gift for next Christmas.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128121370561031/k2311a1228/12.28.10