Memory Foam Pillo, As Seen on TV - Standard Size  » Housewares  »
  • I decided to go for this because it seemed to have all the qualities that the more expensive pillow claimed to have and the price was much lesser
  • I noticed a latex smell from the pillow which does not go away even after using it for couple of weeks but it is not that obvious unless I put my nose close to the pillow or try to deliberately smell it
  • The cover that comes with the pillow is super soft and a pleasure to sleep on but I prefer to throw the pillow into my regular size pillow cover even though it looks tiny and half of the pillow cover just hangs loosely around it but I do that just to keep it clean as the pillow cover is white and I don’t want it to get and look dirty

• by true_value

I started using contoured pillows about 6 years ago and ever since then, I can’t go to sleep or get a good night’s sleep on a regular pillow. The one that I have used till now were foam pillows but they were not the kind of foam that is known as Memory Foam.

I have spotted the Memory Foam pillows a few years ago and even mattresses but they were so expensive at that time. Just the pillow was priced at around S$200 and I couldn’t imagine paying so much for a pillow. But, to be honest I really liked the concept.

Couple of week back when I was at the mall looking for a new pillow I spotted the As Seen on TV Memory Foam Pillo for only S$13.00. I was really glad to see the price but was a bit apprehensive because of the size of the pillow even though it states on the box as standard size.

I spotted another Memory Foam pillow from a different brand and that one was of a regular pillow size but the price of it was S$40.00.

The As Seen on TV Memory Pillo comes in a cardboard box. On the box it claims to be a revolutionary space-aged visco-elastic memory foam that moulds itself to head and neck to provide maximum comfort and support. It claims to relive back, neck and shoulder pain, perfect for all sleeping positions, back, side and stomach, helps to stop snoring, eliminates painful pressure points, helpful aid for insomnia suffers and that it is uniquely designed to cradle and support the natural contours of the neck, head, shoulders and back. And the pillow comes with a free washable zippered soft terry cloth pillow cover.

I decided to go for this because it seemed to have all the qualities that the more expensive pillow claimed to have and the price was much lesser. The only thing that bothered me was ...

• the size and I hoped that it wouldn’t be too much of a discomfort as it looked more like a kid’s pillow.

But when I tried the pillow my doubts regarding it thin and small size were cleared because once I closed my eyes my neck and head felt immediately relaxed and the foam was really very soft yet firm and supportive. I noticed a latex smell from the pillow which does not go away even after using it for couple of weeks but it is not that obvious unless I put my nose close to the pillow or try to deliberately smell it. The cover that comes with the pillow is super soft and a pleasure to sleep on but I prefer to throw the pillow into my regular size pillow cover even though it looks tiny and half of the pillow cover just hangs loosely around it but I do that just to keep it clean as the pillow cover

is white and I don’t want it to get and look dirty.

The foam however has a rubbery texture and has internal bubbles on it that look like air bubbles that might have formed when moulding the pillow and the bubbles where the cuts were made to make the pillow the thin layer over the air bubbles broke and so they look cracked already. Another thing that I noticed is that when I tried to make the impression of my fingers on it just like how it is shown on the box it just didn’t happen. I pressed my hand really hard and still couldn’t see a dent it almost pops up immediately and that was a little bit disappointing.

Well, overall I am pleased with the pillow and the support I get for my neck. I figured that the small size can actually be a good thing because it can fit in easily into a small size luggage and can be taken while travelling.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5328121370551031/k2311a1228/12.28.10