Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender Swiss Glycerine Soap  » Cosmetics  »
  • They put out some really interesting soaps that had the scents of spearmint and peppermint
  • It is just a soft scent that I think will appeal to either men or women
  • To be honest, the reason I bought it was because I love the transparent (or translucent
  • I like that it has Crabtree & Evelyn London Made in Switzerland etched on one side of the soap and a cute little raised etching of a tree on the other side

• by Lisa Pellegrini

A couple of years ago, I did a lot of shopping at Crabtree & Evelyn during the holiday season. They put out some really interesting soaps that had the scents of spearmint and peppermint. The spearmint one was in the shape of a snowflake. Their limited-edition pomegranate rouge scent was spectacular. So I ended up purchasing a variety of lotions and soaps there. I have recently noticed, though, that some of their products contain parabens. So I will now be more cautious about the ingredients that are put in the products I am interested in buying. This glycerine soap, though, does not contain parabens.

It’s nice that Crabtree & Evelyn offers a couple of

options with this soap. You can either buy one bar for $8, or you can buy a set of three bars for $20. So obviously, it is more of a bargain to buy the set of three, because you would be saving $4. But of course, you really have to like the soap and the scent first. This soap has a nice, subtle scent. It is calming and relaxing. It says on the box that lavender is part of the mint family. I did not know that. I have always liked the refreshing scent of mint, although this soap really does not smell minty to me. It is just a soft scent that ...

• I think will appeal to either men or women.

To be honest, the reason I bought it was because I love the transparent (or translucent?) look of glycerin soap, and I had always been interested in trying it. This lavender soap is a rich purple color, like the color of an amethyst gemstone. If you hold it up to the light, you can almost see through it, and you can really appreciate the beauty of the grape purple or violet purple color. So if you are a purple lover who likes the tranquil scent of lavender, then this is the soap for you. I like that it has “Crabtree & Evelyn London Made in

Switzerland” etched on one side of the soap and a cute little raised etching of a tree on the other side. It looks like the Tree of Life, if any of you ladies out there are familiar with that image that we see in jewelry sometimes.

So I think that this is a lovely looking soap, and it is a nice, thick bar that should last you a while. It lathers well, too, and it cleanses my hands just as well as any other soap that I have used. For anyone who has purple in their bathroom (say, on their shower curtain), this purple soap will make a very pretty addition to the bathroom.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128121370541031/k2311a1228/12.28.10