vtech Move and Crawl ball  » Baby care  »
  • It's a durable toy with a couple of volume settings which I think makes it an okay gift

• by booklover

The idea behind this toy for crawling babies is good: the ball moves around and the baby crawls after it. It also has buttons that light up and make different sounds. The animal sounds are appealing and simple.

It seems a little bit too complicated to me, I find. The ball asks the child to follow it or, if a button is pressed, identifies the animal or shape. Then it

will ask the baby to find another shape or animal. If the baby presses the incorrect button, it will light up the correct shape/colour/number button (although not the animal buttons). This part works better for kids who are a bit older ie., no longer in the crawling stage. It’s a fun toy, but I don’t see how it works for crawling babies as my child has trouble actually pressing the ...

• buttons hard enough to make a sound when he’s on his stomach.

It’s a durable toy with a couple of volume settings which I think makes it an okay gift. The batteries have lasted quite a while - this is a hand me down toy from a relative. (Does anyone buy toys that make noise for their own child?)

I think it’s still fun even if your child doesn’t use it

the way it’s intended. However, my child wasn’t interested in it at all - although he is still working on crawling. I might try it again when he’s a year old and see how it goes but I don’t know if it is really worth storing if it takes him until he is 2 to be interested in it. It might be because he does prefer toys that he stands at.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5428121370331031/k2311a1228/12.28.10