Exo Terra Heat Glo Infrared 75 Watt Bulb  » Pets  »
0.5
www.Exo-Terra.com/ and Petsmart stores
  • Exo Terra Heat Glo Infrared 75 Watt Bulb Exo Terra is known for their popular reptile products, but I really hope this product does not become popular

• by Lynn Nitroh

Exo Terra Heat Glo Infrared 75 Watt Bulb

Exo Terra is known for their popular reptile products, but I really hope this product does not become popular. It is such an awful product; I should have not have listened to the Petsmart employee that told me to get it for a standard porcelain clamp heat lamp fixture (also a horrible Exo Terra product) for a small terrarium with a baby inhabitant.

First of all, a 75 watts infrared bulb is way too much wattage to heat a small terrarium animal. The bulb gets too hot too fast. If the lamp with the Exo Terra Heat Glo Infrared 75 Watt Bulb is left on for more than 10 minutes and put right against the terrarium, the poor animal inside will probably die of heat stroke or get burns. (Note: This infrared bulb ...

• might actually be ok for a very large lizard, if the heating lamp is placed slightly away from the terrarium).

I am really glad I realized that the infrared bulb was too much for my little gecko early on and rapidly switched to an appropriate way to heat him (a very nice heating pad and lower wattage infrared bulb). Now my gecko is comfortable and I do not have to

worry about the extreme heat hurting or killing him.

If you have a small reptile, I beg of you to please use an appropriate heating pad and if you have to add more heat, use a 30 to 40 watt infrared bulb. It is important to actually make your reptile feel at home.

These infrared bulbs can be purchased at Petsmart stores, other pet stores, and directly from the Exo Terra website, www.Exo-Terra.com/

Rank: 0/100

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2928121370240931/k2311a1228/12.28.10