MAC Nail Lacquer in Vintage Vamp  » Cosmetics  »
  • I know MAC isn’t quite known for their nail polishes as much as they are for their makeup, but I had walked into a MAC store some time ago and as always, I checked out their nail polishes
  • It is definitely very gothic and vampy and people who like to rock that kind of image will look absolutely beautiful with this
  • It is one of the reasons I like MAC’s nail polishes as they are so different from others
  • I love the brush of this polish as it is very convenient to use to apply the polish
  • I would buy this again and recommend people check it out

• by shanjucool

I am a nail polish junkie and love to do manicures and pedicures. I have an addiction to collecting nail polish and hence, I have collected quite a lot of it over the years. I make sure to check out all brands, no matter what the price range and buy what I can to grow my collection. Lately, I’ve been craving dark blood red nail polish and was on the hunt for a good nail polish that fit my imagination of dark blood, and what looked good on me. I know MAC isn’t quite known for their nail polishes as much as they are for their makeup, but I had walked into a MAC store some time ago and

as always, I checked out their nail polishes. They had this nail polish there and I tried it on and I absolutely loved it.

This polish isn’t quite dark blood red, but its darker than that. It is way more dense that dark red, more like dried dark red blood. It has a brownish tinge to it when seen in white light and when applied thickly, as in two or more coats of this polish. But it can look pink when held in an angle and applied thinly, as in one very thin coat. I would say this polish has more of a neutral tone than having a cool or warm tone. It can go with any outfit regardless of ...

• the outfits’ tone. It is definitely very gothic and vampy and people who like to rock that kind of image will look absolutely beautiful with this. But I also see this as a colour worn by office conservative people. This is also a nice party shade if topped off with some glitter polish for the younger folk, or can look nice just on its own. It would also look great with any skin tone, dark or light, due to the neutral tone of this polish. It is something most people would enjoy wearing with anything and going anywhere.

MAC’s nail polishes are very good quality. They have a very gel like consistency as opposed to the acrylic paint like

consistency I find most other nail polishes have. It is one of the reasons I like MAC’s nail polishes as they are so different from others. I also like that I can get different looks with this polish as it looks different depending on the number of coats I applied, pinkish with one coat and burgundy-ish with two or more coats. I love the brush of this polish as it is very convenient to use to apply the polish. The finish of this polish is beautiful too as it look very much like melted chocolate or candy and is very smooth and shiny with the addition of a top coat. I would buy this again and recommend people check it out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128121370020931/k2311a1228/12.28.10