Lush Lip Scrub in Mint Julips  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I quite like the taste of it, but it leaves me wanting more and definitely makes me want to eat the product, which I can’t do as this product is pretty expensive at around $10 with tax for the very little amount that you get
  • The experience is definitely something new and fun, I quite liked it
  • Plus, if its just sugar with flavour, I think I can make it myself at home instead of buying just sugar with flavour for $10, that is very expensive sugar
  • I would definitely never buy this again and do not recommend people get this either

• by shanjucool

Lately I have been suffering from very dry and cracked lips. It is probably due to the cold and dry winter we are experiencing here. I have seen this product being mentioned in several reviews that I read online where the users mentioned getting smooth lips are using this. So I went down to my local Lush store to buy myself a pot.

I think this comes in four flavours. The one I got was chocolatey and minty, but is also slightly sour. The other flavuors were bubblegum, mint and I can’t remember the other one. This flavour seemed to me to be quite a unique mix as I have never tasted or smelled anything that is chocolatey and minty at the same time, as opposed to the other ones which seemed very generic and something

I can get anywhere, hence this was my choice. I quite like the taste of it, but it leaves me wanting more and definitely makes me want to eat the product, which I can’t do as this product is pretty expensive at around $10 with tax for the very little amount that you get.

This lip scrub is pretty much granular sugar coated in flavour. To use this scrub, I scoop a little bit out with my finger and put it in the centre of my lips at the parting when I pout. Then I use my finger and move it in a circular motion all over my lips to until I feel satisfied that the lip scrub has exfoliated enough of my lips or if the sugars have already melted. If I don’t feel satisfied, I ...

• simply scoop some more of the product out and follow the same procedure. Usually I find I need to do it more than once. After that, whatever amount is left, I lick it off and eat it. The sales associate actually instructed me to lick it off when she demonstrated this product to me, so I do the same. The experience is definitely something new and fun, I quite liked it.

For actual action of the scrub, I don’t really think it does much. My lips do feel smoother and with an addition of a lip balm on top immediately after the scrubbing action, the smoothness stays for longer, but when my lips get dry again after a few hours, they are cracked and chapped again, so this product proved to be quite useless to me

and I feel like I wasted quite a bit of my money. Plus, if its just sugar with flavour, I think I can make it myself at home instead of buying just sugar with flavour for $10, that is very expensive sugar. I would definitely never buy this again and do not recommend people get this either.

Another thing I feel the need to mention is that the lid of the pot of this container is very delicate and can shatter very easily when dropped. I accidentally dropped mine and it shattered into bits so I had to use a replacement lid to cover the pot with so my product doesn’t dry out. This shattering could be dangerous as it could get mixed with the product and actually hurt the user. I would be careful with the lid.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128121370010931/k2311a1228/12.28.10