32inch white Christmas tree from Dollar General  » Other  »
1.5
  • I am writing this review because I do not recommend anyone buying the 32 inch white Christmas tree that I recently purchased from Dollar General
  • I noticed early on that it did not seem to have as many branches as I would expect a Christmas tree to have
  • The manager was not aware of any other issues with the trees, but she told us she would refund our money and she was going to call the company to look into this issue
  • I feel that the manager at this Dollar General was polite and sincere and I think she did a good job at handling our situation
  • I was just disappointed that we were not able to purchase a tree from Dollar General

• by gman0819

I am writing this review because I do not recommend anyone buying the 32 inch white Christmas tree that I recently purchased from Dollar General. It all started when my wife decided that we needed a Christmas tree for our downstairs family room. We decided to go to a local Dollar General store to look at their Christmas tree selection. When we arrived at the store, I was really surprised at how many different sizes of trees they had. We decided that we needed a 3 foot tree, but the closest they had to our needs was a 32 inch Christmas tree. So we purchased it for $18. We chose a white tree as we thought it would go with the other Christmas decor we had in our downstairs family room.

Once we got it home we took it out of the box and we

started straightening the branches so that we could decorate it. I noticed early on that it did not seem to have as many branches as I would expect a Christmas tree to have. It just seemed to be sparse when it came to how many branches the tree had. Anyway, we went ahead and we decorated it with red garland and gold ornaments. We noticed once it was decorated that something just didn’t look right. My wife said that maybe it would look better with some lights, so we put a strand of 100 clear lights on the tree. The tree still didn’t seem to look right. The tree was bowed to the right and the center of the tree didn’t seem to stand straight up. I tried bending the tree to the left to see if I could straighten it up without tearing it up. To ...

• no avail, the tree was still leaning to the right and still did not seem to have enough branches.

We decided that we would take the tree back and see if the tree we purchased was just a fluke or if they were all like that. Once we took the tree back to the store, we told the manager our situation and she had us look at another tree. Sure enough, the other tree we looked at in the store was bent and it did not seem to have enough branches. The manager was not aware of any other issues with the trees, but she told us she would refund our money and she was going to call the company to look into this issue. We ended up going to Walmart to get our Christmas tree and this tree looked right and suited our needs.

I feel that the manager at this Dollar General was polite and sincere and I think she did a good job at handling our situation. I was just disappointed that we were not able to purchase a tree from Dollar General. Yes, this was a dollar store, but when they are sellin a tree for $18, you would think that would at least have enough branches and that it would stand up straight like a Christmas tree should. I just thought I would share this because it may save you some time to remember not to purchase a Christmas tree at Dollar General. I shop at Dollar General all the time and it is still a good store. They just need to look into the quality of the Christmas trees they put in their stores. All I ask is that it at least look like a normal Christmas tree.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1228121369670831/k2311a1228/12.28.10