Banquet Beef Pot Pie  » Food  »
  • I highly recommend that you remember to cut the slit in the top crust so that the steam can escape because that helps to keep the gooey, delicious beef broth from bubbling over into microwave or onto the plate or paper towel
  • Unfortunately, even after I cut the slit in the top crust, I still find that the pot pies sometimes bubble over anyway
  • However, if you follow this direction, i know you will have less chance of burning your mouth on the hot filling
  • If you like pot pies, I think that you should give Banquet Beef Pot Pies a try
  • When I eat them, I like to crush the top crust into the ooey, gooey, yummy broth inside so that every bite of pot pie contains both filling and crust

• by deem

With a net weight of 7 ounces, Banquet Beef Pot Pies are a small, but tasty pot pie that is sold in a cardboard pie “tin”. Although the poultry (chicken and turkey) pot pies are my favorites, I also am quite fond of the beef pot pies. They have both a top and bottom crust and are filled with tender bite size pieces of beef, together with diced carrots, potatoes, and peas in a dark, rich, flavorful beef broth. Their flavor is distinctly different from the poultry pot pies.

To prepare a Banquet Beef Pot Pie, all you have to do is remove it from the package, cut a slit in

the top crust and place it on a microwave-safe plate. If I don’t want to dirty a plate, I sometimes use a paper towel or even the bottom half of the box the pot pie was packaged in. The pot pie only has to be heated in the microwave for 4 to 5 minutes. I highly recommend that you remember to cut the slit in the top crust so that the steam can escape because that helps to keep the gooey, delicious beef broth from bubbling over into microwave or onto the plate or paper towel. Unfortunately, even after I cut the slit in the top crust, I still find that the pot pies sometimes bubble over anyway. After the pot pie is thoroughly heated, allow it to sit in the microwave for approximately three more minutes. I don’t know whether this resting period is necessary for the complete cooking of the pot pie. However, if you follow this direction, i know you will have less chance of burning your mouth on the hot filling.

I find the Banquet Beef Pot Pies to be a tasty and inexpensive comfort food that is great for a quick lunch at work or a lunch or snack at home. I especialy enjoy them when the weather is cold outside and a hot pot pie is just the ...

• Banquet Beef Pot Pie
      thing to hit the spot. They are a little small for dinner though you could eat two of them or add a salad or fruit to the meal. I cannot complain about the price as I can usually find them in the freezer section of my supermarket for less than a dollar a piece. They are small enough that it is easy to keep a few on hand in my freezer at home for when the mood strikes me. Unfortunately, they are rather high in sodium in case you are concerned about your sodium intake.

If you like pot pies, I think that you should give Banquet Beef Pot Pies

a try. They are a welcome change of pace from the more common chicken or turkey varieties. When I eat them, I like to crush the top crust into the ooey, gooey, yummy broth inside so that every bite of pot pie contains both filling and crust. If I have a complaint about these pot pies, it is that, just as with the other flavor varieties, I think the quantitiy of filling could be more generous. I would be willing to pay a little more for the pot pies if they would increase the fillings. Nevertheless, when I am in the mood for a pot pie, it is the red Banquet pot pie box that I reach for.

Banquet Beef Pot Pie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2728121369660831/k2311a1228/12.28.10