“Vampire Weekend” by Vampire Weekend  » Music  »
  • It's the sort of music I like to listen to when I want to chill out and relax
  • I am very impressed by Vampire Weekend's ability to use several different instruments to create a slightly whimsical sound that is still sophisticated enough to be considered great music
  • I love how diverse this song is in terms of instrumentals, vocals, and pace
  • I will definitely continue to purchase Vampire Weekend music in the future

• by Intensify

I recently discovered a band by the name of Vampire Weekend. This band’s name may sound strange, but do not let that distract you from the fact that their music is wonderful. They have such a different sound than every other band that is currently on my iPod. There is honestly no other musical artist out there at the moment that I could compare them to because their sound is so distinctly different. I recently purchased their self titled album “Vampire Weekend from a Barnes and Noble bookstore. It was their very first studio album and it is wonderful.

“Campus” was the very first Vampire Weekend song I ever heard. It was the song that initially got me hooked on the rest of their music. What stood out most to me were

the instrumentals. I also love the lead singer’s voice. This song, like pretty much all of their music, is very laidback. It’s the sort of music I like to listen to when I want to chill out and relax. “Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa” is a favorite of mine on this album. It is such a quirky song. There is this part in the chorus where the lead singer belts out “cause you know I do-ooh-ooh” and really draws out the “ooh” for awhile. It sounds so goofy yet is really fun to sing along to.

“Walcott” is another favorite of mine on this album. If you are someone who appreciates great piano playig, you will love this song as much as I do. From the very beginning, the instrumentals rely heavily on ...

• the piano and drums. Later on, there is even some violin playing. In general, this is just a very beautifully done song. There are some parts that are all instrumentals and no vocals that I just get lost in. “The kids don’t stand a chance” is a very slow, very mellow song. It also has several parts where the instrumentals just take over. I am very impressed by Vampire Weekend’s ability to use several different instruments to create a slightly whimsical sound that is still sophisticated enough to be considered great music. “A-punk” is a very high energy song that has a lot of variation in tempo and rhythm. It will be very upbeat at certain parts and then will slow down for awhile until it builds back up. I love
        how diverse this song is in terms of instrumentals, vocals, and pace.

Overall, I have to give Vampire Weekend’s self titled album “Vampire Weekend” a rating of an 8 out of 10. I love that their music does not rely on the sane old instrumentals and melodies that every pop artist uses in their songs these days. There is a lot of variety in each of their songs. This is the kind of album that you can’t get bored listening to. They have a completely different sound that is so refreshing in the midst of a music industry where everyhing else pretty much sounds the exact same. I will definitely continue to purchase Vampire Weekend music in the future. I am excited to see what they do next and I highly reccomend this album.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1427121369241231/k2311a1227/12.27.10