Smashbox Camera Ready Concealer  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I like that this concealer is in a stick form because it means that I do not need to use a brush with it
  • What I have found is that I do not like this product as much as I thought it would
  • For instance, I think that this is a great concealer when it comes to undereye circles because the product blends well, lightens up the area underneath my eyes, and does not crease throughout the day
  • Unfortunately, that is the main reason why I purchased this product
  • Since this is such an expensive product, I was hoping that it would be more long lasting but have been disappointed in that regard

• by Intensify

The Smashbox Camera Ready Concealer retails for $18 plus tax at Sephora. It actually comes in a pretty small container that looks similar to a lip stick tube. It is small and very easy to just throw into my purse or my makeup bag and take everywhere. This product comes in seven different shades which is not as much variety as I would like, but I was fortunately able to find my shade.

I have the in 7.0 shade – golden brown. It is slightly lighter than my skin tone but blends very well. I like that this concealer is in a stick form because it means that I do not need to use a brush with it. I just apply it and blend it with my fingers. What I have

found is that I do not like this product as much as I thought it would. There are certain aspects that I do like and others that I do not like. For instance, I think that this is a great concealer when it comes to undereye circles because the product blends well, lightens up the area underneath my eyes, and does not crease throughout the day. However, the downside to the Smashbox Camera Ready Concealer is that it is not very good at concealing blemishes. Unfortunately, that is the main reason why I purchased this product. My under eye circles are less of a concern for me than my blemishes because I happen to be a bit more self conscious about the blemishes. Though this concealer can hide general redness, it does ...

• not do well with dark blemishes. It claims to provide full coverage but I did not see this product live up to that claim when it came to tackling my blemishes.

The other thing that I dislike about this concealer is that it runs out pretty fast. The stick itself is very thin so with only a few uses, I have noticed that I have run it down significantly. Since this is such an expensive product, I was hoping that it would be more long lasting but have been disappointed in that regard. I will probably not continue to purchase the Smashbox Camera Ready Concealer in the future. Something about its formulation or its ingredients just does not lend well to hiding the blemishes that I need it to cover up. Overall,

I have to give the Smashbox Camera Ready Concealer a rating of a 5 out of 10. It is only really phenomenal for under eye circles. That is just something that people should be aware of before purchasing this product because it is slightly more expensive than the typical concealer stick that you would find at a drugstore. I liked the fact that it came in the form of a stick rather than a liquid because I already use so many liquid products that I did not want to weigh down my face too much more, but I can’t use this concealer for as many purposes as the liquid concealers that I have tried in the past so it will not become a permanent part of my makeup routine as I had initially hoped.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127121369141231/k2311a1227/12.27.10