Market Pantry Grade A Large Eggs (One Dozen)  » Food  »
  • They generally cost around one dollar and forty cents for a dozen eggs, although the price does seem to fluctuate regularly
  • I think Target sells quality eggs at a fairly reasonable price, but not at a price that is as attractive as what Walmart sells their large eggs for, so I'm giving these eggs a 9 rating

• by CirclingCanvas

The Market Pantry Grade A Large Eggs can be found only at Target stores as the eggs are sold under Target’s “Market Pantry” product line. Since the eggs are a store brand product, they’re cheaper than the eggs that are packaged and sold under name brand names. They generally cost around one dollar and forty cents for a dozen eggs, although the price does seem to fluctuate regularly. I don’t always buy my eggs from Target as usually the Walmart Great Value eggs are cheaper, but there are times when I’m not going to be going to Walmart and rather than make a special

trip just for eggs, I’ll pick the eggs up at Target if I’m in the store. I end up paying ten or fifteen cents more, but choosing the Target Market Pantry brand over the name brand eggs still saves me money and there’s nothing wrong with the eggs Target sells.

Like with all eggs sold in supermarkets, some are going to be cracked and busted. That’s why you have to check the eggs first before buying a carton. Target’s eggs crack just like the name brand eggs, and there are times when I’ll have to check more than a couple cartons before I come across ...

• one where all the eggs are undamaged. The eggs themselves are indeed large and look about the same size as other eggs that are considered large. Some are a little on the short or small side, but there’s no reason one can’t switch out the smaller large eggs for the bigger large eggs! After all, I’m a paying customer, and I’m entitled to twelve large eggs. The packaging the eggs come in seems sturdy and the eggs stay comfortably in their slots.

The Market Pantry Grade A Large Eggs are fine eggs. They look as large as the large eggs that are sold under

the more expensive brands and they taste fine, too. I don’t see a reason why I should pay more for eggs, and the only time I do pay more for eggs is when I’m not going to be heading to Walmart and I’m in need of eggs. The carton the eggs come in isn’t flimsy and holds the eggs in place so that they don’t move around too much. I think Target sells quality eggs at a fairly reasonable price, but not at a price that is as attractive as what Walmart sells their large eggs for, so I’m giving these eggs a “9″ rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2727121368691231/k2311a1227/12.27.10