Party City Gold, Black and Silver New Years Party Hats (Set of Twelve)  » Clothes  »
  • Of course, the loose one-size-fits-all category is bound to not work for some people, but everyone that I know that has put on one of these fun point hats hasn't had much trouble keeping them on and in place
  • The glittering silver stands out the best on the black hats, but when it comes to the silver hats, the text and designs kind of fade a bit into the solid silver background color
  • I know that's a problem I sometimes have when wearing one of these hats
  • The tinsel is attached very securely to the bottom of the hats, so I don't think that's going anywhere either

• by CirclingCanvas

The Party City Gold, Black and Silver New Years Party Hats come twelve to a package for ten dollars. These hats are great fun to wear on New Year’s Eve in anticipation of the big moment. They don’t have a year number on them, so they can be used year after year. I’ve owned a set for a couple of years now and the hats are still holding up pretty well. The point party hats are tall and wide, measuring nine inches in height and they have wide bases and are designed to fit on most childrens’ and adults’ heads. Of course, the loose one-size-fits-all category is bound to not work for some people, but everyone that I know that has put on one of these fun point hats hasn’t had much trouble keeping them on and in place.

In each twelve-pack package, there are cone-shaped hats that are black, silver and gold. They’re divided up evenly, so there’s four of each. These hats really are festive and fun to

wear! Regardless of the color of the hat, each hat has glittering silver text that reads “Happy New Year!” and around the hat, there’s glittering silver stars and twirling designs. The glittering silver stands out the best on the black hats, but when it comes to the silver hats, the text and designs kind of fade a bit into the solid silver background color. It might have been a good idea to have instead made the text and designs gold on the silver hats so that the text and designs would’ve stood out better. Still, at least the text and designs are still relatively noticeable, so it’s not too big of a deal.

There’s also a ring of silver tinsel around the bottom of each of the hats. The tinsel is certainly nice and it makes these hats even more suitable for a party atmosphere, but the tinsel can make one’s forehead a little itchy. I know that’s a problem I sometimes have when wearing one of these hats. It’s not ...

• so bad that I feel the urge to take the hat off, but I find myself scratching my forehead more often than usual when I have one of these hats on for an extended period of time. I’ve heard others that have worn these hats around the house on New Year’s Eve complain a little too about the tinsel, but nobody seems to ever be so bothered by it that he or she takes the hat off. Despite the minor itchiness, I’m still glad that tinsel was added to these hats as they look more attractive with it than when I imagine them without it.

The Party City Gold, Black and Silver New Years Party Hats are well made and well decorated party hats designed to be worn on New Year’s Eve and even New Year’s Day. They’re tall, but balanced, so they don’t easily fall off of one’s head unless he or she bends over. I really very much like the glittering effect that they have and that

just makes them more fun to look at and wear. They feel pretty sturdy, but when I pack them away, I still make sure not to put anything on top of them that could potentially crush or put a dent in them. The tinsel is attached very securely to the bottom of the hats, so I don’t think that’s going anywhere either. I also like that the hats come in different colors, all of which really seem fitting for New Year’s as both gold and silver, in my mind, represent wealth and good fortune. The black hats look like they’d be a good fit for Halloween, but I still like them! I’m quite pleased with these New Year’s hats, although I do think the silver hats could have been designed better so that the text and designs don’t kind of disappear into the background and the itching that the tinsel can cause sometimes can be a bit annoying. Still, I feel a “9″ rating is an appropriate rating to give these party hats.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5527121368671231/k2311a1227/12.27.10