Hypnose by Lancome for women (perfume )
  • It is the most domineering note out of the whole fragrance but what I like about it is it's an expensive vanilla
  • Yes definitely if you are a fan of warm oriental fragrances

• by ticktock

I work part time in a perfume store and this past few weeks has been incredibly busy in the run up to Christmas. I’ve had a lot of male customers coming in wanting to buy the perfect present for their partners and one of the most popular samples I have given out seems to be this - Hypnose by Lancome for women.

As I get to take home various samples myself this was one I certainly opted for as I had an idea of how the scent would suit my skin already, so I was eager to test it out properly by wearing it on a night out.

The bottle is exquisite, but then again it is Lancome

which is renowned for being a leader in the cosmetics world so a perfume would be no different.

Hypnose comes housed in a classic upright standing bottle which though transparent still has a beautiful bluish colour to it. The most eye catching thing here though is the design; though it is slim line the bottle is ‘twisted’ giving it a really different look which certainly appeals.

The bottle is supposed to represent a woman’s silhouette but I have to be honest and say that it doesn’t look anything like it at all, it is attractive though and the fact it’s Lancome is all the selling power it needs.

The fragrance itself comes in a 100ml size Eau

de Parfum ( my sample size is a 1.5ml which are available from most perfume counters if you ask nicely ) and costs anything from £40 upwards though that is depending on where you shop.

Because it is an eau de parfum the overall scent is a lot stronger than a regular eau de toilette so may appear overpowering on first wearing it but it will fade slightly.

Hypnose is made up using the following notes:

Vanilla Passion flower White flowers Jasmine sambac

This is classed as being in the Oriental Vanilla group and sounds like my ideal fragrance. It ticks all the right boxes on paper but does it when worn?

On applying this to my pulse points I ...

• Hypnose by Lancome for women (perfume )
      was immediately taken in by the Vanilla. It is the most domineering note out of the whole fragrance but what I like about it is it’s an expensive vanilla; it’s not sickly or sweet but more creamy and velvety and gives the whole eau de parfum an air of expensive luxury.

The Passion flower is another key element here as it mixes so well with the vanilla and creates a fruity explosion that is very much needed, whilst the white flowers counteract this. The Jasmine sambac is the lingering base note and is basically responsible for giving it the oriental vibe and stops it from being an ‘ordinary’ vanilla perfume.

Would I recommend this then? Yes

definitely if you are a fan of warm oriental fragrances. It is a rich and seductive scent and has very good staying power because of it being a parfum. I used this during the day and it was still noticeable almost 8 hours later, though I was testing it out to see how it would fare. I used it a few days later for an evening out applying it again to my pulse points and I could detect this clearly on my skin the following morning.

This is a lovely fragrance that looks like it is a cool crisp scent according to it’s packaging, but it is clearly the opposite and is warm and inviting when worn and perfect for those winter evenings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5626121368561131/k2311a1226/12.26.10