Sony Vegas Pro 8 video and audio editing software  » Software  »
  • That is how I learned using this software
  • Overall, I think it is worth the price because I was really amazed at how I can make my videos look professionally edited

• by autumndreamer

I have so many friends who are good in video editing. I used to always watch their videos. That’s how I got the idea that I also want to make awesome videos and share it to them. I asked them what software they are using, and they recommended this Sony Vegas. So that’s how I got Sony Vegas Pro 8.

Sony Vegas Pro 8 is the first video and audio editing software that I have ever used. I am totally amazed about this software. It costs more than $300 but it is available on the Internet to be downloaded for free. I am lucky to have a friend who lend me a CD of this Sony Vegas Pro 8 that’s why I installed it for free.

There are so many things that I can do with this software. Me and my friends love making fan videos or video montages of our favorite celebrities, and we just add different songs depending on what

theme we like to do in a video. Aside from letting me edit videos, I can also edit songs, sounds, and other audio files. I was really happy when I installed this software.

At first, I wasn’t really familiar with how to operate this one, how to make videos with this, how to start and many more questions. Good thing, there is a Help menu on the far right corner of the menus. That is how I learned using this software.

There is “Contents and Index” and “What’s This” where I learned how to use the different features of the software and also what are those features for. But my favorite thing in the Help menu is the “Interactive Tutorials”. This is where I first became familiar on how to use this software. It is meant for beginners or those who don’t have idea on how to use this software. When you click “Interactive Tutorials”, all of the questions and things ...

• you don’t know are already there. Like if I don’t know how to add video effects, it’s in the “Video and Still Image Tutorials”. And they will really teach me how to do it. There are dialog boxes and moving arrows to tell me what to click and what to do. That’s why it’s “Interactive Tutorials”. There are also introduction and basic tutorials in that section.

When you are editing a video, there is a big screen on the upper right corner where you can see the video you’re editing. If you add changes on the video, the screen previews anything you do on the video. On the upper left corner are the explorer, trimmer, project media, media manager, transitions, video FX, and media generators. Project media lets you input files like videos, pictures, and audios, all of the things that you will need in creating the video. The Transitions are like breaks between each scene/video or it’s like an effect

in every transition from scene to another scene. Video FX are the effects you can add to your videos. Media Generators are like background to your videos. Under all of it is the time-line where you can see the progress of your videos. It’s really easy for me to familiarize with the different features of this software.

About the pros of this software: easy to use, all of the features are really helpful in creating videos and audios. Cons: I just wish there are more audio effects included in the software and Sony Vegas is really expensive! I was just lucky to have it for free.

Overall, I think it is worth the price because I was really amazed at how I can make my videos look professionally edited. Plus, there are so many features here that you can’t just find in other common video editing softwares. So if you want to edit videos and audios, this software is a good investment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3026121368431131/k2311a1226/12.26.10