Boiled Carp. Receipe  » Recipes  »
  • I love the dishes from carp because they are very easy to prepare and I can obtain a very special taste
  • Over time I learned to cook fish in several ways
  • That is way I recommend this dish also to elder people
  • There are some secrets that I have learned from my experience about fish in general, and some steps to be followed to prepare the most delicious meals
  • I know that it is ready when pulling a flap, it separate easily

• by Valentin Bogatu

Many people love carp meat but few know how to cook it properly. I love the dishes from carp because they are very easy to prepare and I can obtain a very special taste. Over time I learned to cook fish in several ways: grilled fish, smoked fish, fish in the microwave, boiled, browned fish in the oven, fish “en paillote”, sautee fish or fried fish.

All these kinds of fish dish does not require many ingredients and can be prepared quickly. In addition carp meat is very good for my health because it is full of vitamins and do not raise cholesterol. That is way I

recommend this dish also to elder people.

There are some secrets that I have learned from my experience about fish in general, and some steps to be followed to prepare the most delicious meals. First, when you buy fish, smell it! Fresh fish smells sweet, pleasant. The smell is delicate and tasty. Then look at the fish! All fish must look like it just has been pulled out from the water. Fillet fish or fish pieces must have strong meat without brown spots or discolored portions. I learned that because it’s more likely to be altered carp meat should sit in the refrigerator no more than two days. If I want to keep the carp for a longer time I wrap it in a bag and freeze it. And one last trick that I reveal here: for a very fine and tasty carp meat should be left to thaw overnight in a bowl of warm milk!

And now here is the way I learned to prepare boiled carp.

Ingredients A carp about 1.5 kg onion, vegetables for soup, 1 glass of vinegar, 2 l water 1 bay leaf, salt, 5 grains pepper.

Preparation Clean the fish of scales and remove with care the bitter bone from the head, which bitter the boiled fish. Clean it ...

• Boiled Carp. Receipe
      inside and wash. In the special pot used to cook the fish dish, boil a sliced carrot, an onion, a thin root of parsley several slices of potato, a bay leaf, salt and some pepper. Fish gets a nice special taste if you add vinegar or white wine to the boil. Before putting the fish to boil, scald it with 4-5 tablespoons of vinegar to keep the bluish color of skin. This vinegar can then be added to the boil. After cooking the vegetables, pull the pan aside, place the fish on to the grill and leave it in the water. When you put the fish to
      boil, the water shall not boil, because if a fish is taked by a sudden high heat, its skin tighten and its flesh unfolds. Only when there is doubt about the freshness of fish, boil it in directly in boiling water. The time taken by the fish to boil depends on its size. I know that it is ready when pulling a flap, it separate easily.

Boiled fish served cold is let to cool in water. After this remove it with the grill, put it carefully on a long plate, with care not to break it, and garnish around with boiled vegetables and with green leaves of parsley or lemon slices. Serve the fish with mayonnaise. It can also be served hot, with butter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4926121368321131/k2311a1226/12.26.10