Magic the card game
  • It was not only super nice to get an added bonus gift, but we found out quickly that we truly enjoyed the game
  • I like the fact that it's not just skill, but also the luck of the draw
  • I have not tried any other RPG games as I think Magic would be considered, but am would if given the chance, or a free deck

• by Lacy Pearl

My husband and I stumbled into a comic book store last year around Christmas time looking for some neat game stuff for my nephew. There were tons of options and we happily gathered a ton of supplies and walked to the counter, checkbook in hand. After we purchased our gifts, the clerk asked if we’d ever played Magic. We said no, we never had. The clerk happily gave us each a starter deck.

It was not only super nice to get an added bonus gift, but we

found out quickly that we truly enjoyed the game. We both love fantasy and there simply aren’t enough good fantasy movies out there. We both love to play board and card games and some of these simply need more than two players. We spent hours the first evening going through all the instructions.

Once we gave them a good read through (or at least the hubby did) we were ready to play. This game is awesome! There is so much detail and story for ...

• all the cards that it provides for a different game all the time. We have since purchased two additional decks and enjoyed playing with these also. We now have a black, green, red and blue deck.

My personal favorite is the black deck. It seems to be the one that I win the most with. Lately I feel experienced enough to try mixing my own deck and have made a combo of blue, red and black and I’m enjoying trying this. I like the fact that

it’s not just skill, but also the luck of the draw. This makes each game unique because you don’t know which cards you’ll actually get to play with.

I have not tried any other RPG games as I think Magic would be considered, but am would if given the chance, or a free deck! Recently I look forward to running home from work to play a game of Magic with my husband. It’s a lot better then vegging out in front of the television, and has to be more stimulating!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5926121368261131/k2311a1226/12.26.10