Family Guy TV Show  » TV  »
2.0
  • I remember the early days of the show, and I remember how funny I thought it was
  • It’s still funny in my opinion, but I’m not as intrigued with it as I used to be
  • I think a big part of my disenchantment with the show has to do with the fact that it relies a lot on sick humor, such as humor related to sex, gore, and bodily waste
  • Stewie I think is the most well-developed of the bunch, because he wants to achieve world domination and kill his mom (for some reason), but he also, being a baby, is very naïve about a lot of other things, like sex, which makes him a little bit interesting

• by sarahanne

I’ve watched a fair amount of this cartoon show. I remember the early days of the show, and I remember how funny I thought it was. It’s still funny in my opinion, but I’m not as intrigued with it as I used to be.

as humor related to sex, gore, and bodily waste. I can take that in small doses, but I just think they use it too much.

I think they should diversify and draw on other sources of humor. I also think the show is overly snarky and derisive.

I can take this, too, but again, I think it’s just too much so. I also don’t think the characters are that well-developed.

The audience doesn’t get to learn about all the characters all that well or see stories from their viewpoint. The mom, Lois, sort of seems like a generic housewife who comes from a rich family.

Not much else is revealed about her, at least not that I’ve seen. I also don’t know very much about the daughter, Meg, except that she’s supposedly really ugly and unpopular and her dad ...

• Family Guy TV Show
      hates her.

The stories mainly revolve around either Peter, the dad, or the baby, Stewie, and the dog, Brian. Peter is a selfish idiot with few if any redeeming qualities, and Brian is annoying and preachy.

a lot of other things, like sex, which makes him a little bit interesting. All that said, I don’t have any reason to really like any of the main characters, which I think is important if you’re going to really love the show.

None of them truly appeal to me in any sense. So while I think the show is funny, long after it’s gone, I don’t think I’ll miss it.

Family Guy TV Show
shanise fisher says :

Family Guy’s popularity stems from its simplicity and reliability. The cartoon relies heavily on dark humor. Specifically for almost “crossing the line” on sensitive topics. Two of the characters Brian and Peter trigger it. Peter is ignorant and close minded. His outdated and insensitive views clash with jagged reality. Brian is a know-it-all and attention seeker. He has a conflicting desire to be highly unique, yet please others. The two general personalities apply to many people in the media also in many personal life. Both characters are funny in their absurdity. The dark humor and reflective characters of it. Their basic characteristics attract their disillusioned and cynical fan base.They find escapism in the humor of their world shown. The show a fun house mirror reflection to acknowledge and laugh at nothing more and nothing less.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1026121368191131/k2311a1226/12.26.10