9 Lives Dry Cat Food
0.5
  • Later that day while cleaning their box, I noticed they had runny stool

• by Lacy Pearl

Like a lot of kitty owners, I vary my girl’s food. I have fed them everything from Whiskas to NutroMax. Whenever I’ve stuck to one particular brand they get sick of it by the second or third bag, no matter what kind it is. This is why I’ve learned to offer them a wide variety.

They enjoy this variety and are always curious about what goodies I’ve brought home from the store. They

follow hot on my heals to the basement where we feed them and practically meow with joy at something new.

Recently I had a coupon for a dollar off of 9 lives dry cat food and purchased a bag. Within a couple of days my normally ravenous cats weren’t finishing their food. Instead, both Dru and Willow were mewing like they were hungry, while their bowls were still full. Later that day while cleaning their box, I noticed they had runny stool. This was also very unusual for the pair.

By the next day it looked as though they weren’t eating any of the food and I swear they were starting to lose weight already. Within the short week of attempting to feed 9 lives, I noticed both my cats became more lethargic and their coats were much duller.

Normally I don’t get picky about what ...

• 9 Lives Dry Cat Food
      the kitties eat, nor do they. The biggest thing is: they HAVE to like it. Certainly the fact they refused to eat it would have been enough to make me quit buying, but combining that with runny stool and poor coat condition was a the final straw in the deal.

I am very unhappy my normally easy to feed kitties had such a difficult time digesting this food. I was completely shocked that they turned

their nose up at it and refused to eat it. Then again, who can blame them? If something was making me have the runs, and an upset tummy I’d refuse to eat it also.

Let’s just say my two cats and myself were very displeased and 9 lives dry cat food will not get another life at our home.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2926121368181131/k2311a1226/12.26.10