Pig ears from Soldan’s in Okemos Michigan  » Pets  »
  • The best fit for my dogs and my pocket book (less than $1 a piece) were the pig ears
  • I don't like to give them to the dogs when I'm not around because I'm afraid they may choke on them
  • I like to stock up on them when I see a sale and stick them in the freezer to keep them fresh for later
  • I would definitely keep getting them from Soldan's in Okemos because they're locally owned and the least expensive in the area

• by Lacy Pearl

My dogs are like my kids. I take their nutrition very seriously and like to offer them many different snacks and chews to help promote mental and dental health. I worry about certain items that may have chemicals or not be made with natural material. This is why I like to give pig ears.

I have two Miniature Pinschers, and a Maltese. Because they are so small the pig ears are great for them to work the plaque off their teeth while

getting something nutritious and yummy in their stomaches. I went to Soldan’s in Okemos looking for something that wasn’t too hard for my little guys to chew and they were very helpful.

Soldan’s suggested several different natural chew choices. The best fit for my dogs and my pocket book (less than $1 a piece) were the pig ears. They have never turned their nose up at them. They devour them, but because they’re such a tiny dog these treats last an ...

• hour or more.

I don’t like to give them to the dogs when I’m not around because I’m afraid they may choke on them. They’ve never had any problems like upset tummy or loose poo because of the treat, which makes me very happy.

All three pooches are very excited when they see me get their ‘treat, treat’ out and leap for joy when I give these to them. Soldan’s always has them in stock and often they are on sale especially

during the holidays. I like to stock up on them when I see a sale and stick them in the freezer to keep them fresh for later.

I would definitely keep getting them from Soldan’s in Okemos because they’re locally owned and the least expensive in the area. Plus they are very good about helping with any nutrition questions I have. I also like to take my dogs in with me when I go and let them pick out their own pig ear.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2926121368151131/k2311a1226/12.26.10