Globe Tattoo Wireless Mobile Broadband  » Internet  »
1.0
  • It claims a speed of 3 megabytes per second but in my experience, the fastest it could get is only 300 kilobytes per second, and that is with very strong network signal
  • I am really disappointed because I used to be a loyal Globe subscriber before my lover made me turn to Smart telecom
  • Now I know why such a high investment on commercials
  • Unfortunately, the internet speed is what matters and no design in the world could make up for a lousy service like this one has
  • I don’t recommend it unless you have no other choice

• by gitana

I remember Globe tattoo wireless mobile broadband coming out around a couple of years ago. It is a USB stick modem which you can plug into your laptop for wireless internet connection. I have heard a lot of negative comments about it but still I gave it a chance because we’ll be going to my grandfather’s farm for a week long vacation tomorrow. There is no internet connection there so me and my sister decided to try globe tattoo since it is cheaper than its rival Smart Bro. It costs only 899 pesos (around 20 US dollars) while Smart Bro costs around 1300 pesos.

Now that I have tried it, I wish I had picked Smart bro. Globe tattoo mobile broadband takes forever to load a

page even though my room has the strongest network signal in the world. It clearly did not live up to its claims. It claims a speed of 3 megabytes per second but in my experience, the fastest it could get is only 300 kilobytes per second, and that is with very strong network signal. I wonder how this will fare in the country, I hope they have stronger network signal there if that is possible.

With this speed, browsing becomes very expensive since you are charged per hour at 20 pesos (.5 USD). How far does that get you? That’s probably just enough to get you to your facebook home page. If you’re lucky you can probably read a private message. It’s so frustrating watching your ...

• browser loading for all eternity.

I am really disappointed because I used to be a loyal Globe subscriber before my lover made me turn to Smart telecom. I have such a high respect for the company but I’m really losing it now. Its one thing to have such a lousy product but to make all these false claims is unforgivable. Now I know why such a high investment on commercials. There’s no way anyone is ever going to buy this if not for their lies!

Well they make such cool designs for the plug-in compared to the plain black SmartBro. We got to hand it to them for that. I wish they made USBs like that. That would have been great. Unfortunately, the internet speed is what

matters and no design in the world could make up for a lousy service like this one has.

I am certainly not happy with this. If by any means I could return this and get my money back, I really would do exactly that. Then I would buy Smartbro and I hope its going to do better. I have heard from friends that Smarbro is a lot faster. I should have listened to them. Unfortunately, we’re leaving early tomorrow so the best I could do is pray that today is just a bad day for Globe tattoo, that it’s not normally this slow.

Right now I’m really pissed off so I’m going to rate this a 2. I don’t recommend it unless you have no other choice.

elmar says :

i lost my phone with globe tattoo simcard in it a week ago and what troubles me now is that i can no longer use my globe tattoo modem since original simcard for this modem device is gone when my phone was lost. what can you advise me in order to make my tattoo modem work the same as it did before? What if i consider using another globe simcard can it help me solve the problem?will there be no speed problems or issues while communicating to my ISP? I hope to hear something from you soon..YOur Advise will be well-appreciated..thanks.

gitana replies :

Hi there. I am sorry about your phone. As for the sim card, I believe you can use another globe tattoo sim card. I have changed sim cards and it worked just alright.

Galega says :

You can take another SIM card and use that with this modem to continue accessing internet. However, in that case, you will lost the old balance. I would suggest you to apply and get the new SIM card with the same number - your previous one. In this way, your old balance will remain with you along with validity of service.

RUSSELL PAHNER says :

re : Unfortunately, the internet speed is what matters and no design in the world could make up for a lousy service like this one has
    I’ve been a globe user for some time I find that they don’t have a good interface between departments. you go to the main office and sit in customer service for a half hour or longer and after you explain the problems your having you get told " Oh you have to call the hotline we can’t fix that here " Customer service should have the ability to fix all

Galega says :

Majority of customer problems are solved through communication over the phone. It is a practice throughout the world. As a cost cutting measure, all telecom companies are resorting to using IVR methods to solve mundane problems of customers. Once you visit an office, the executive may ask you to get a particular issue sorted out through the call to hotline. For some issue, they are simply not authorized to deal with.

russell pahner says :

Globe the service is lousy. If you’re late on a payment they get mad even tho we go to a bill playing place and their system is down. When they sign you up they say”OH you got unlimited service” what they don’t tell you is that they allocate you so much data after that data is consumed they slow your signal down to 46-51 while PLDT is 92. A good wifi data app will give you those details. the slower signal will cause the website to error out or time out then you get the box that says check your connection my modem’s lights are all properly blinking but my signal is 46 gee whiz give me a break.if you want faster speed and more data you have to sign up for 2 more yrs plus more cost. Globe made 20 billion dollars for 2016 give or take.But the service you get as a customer is lacking big time.my contract expires this yr and all be looking for other providers in my area.

Galega says :

Cool down. No ISPs will go to this length to steal data from its own consumers. As for unlimited data plan, there is a limit. And, that’s a standard practice. For example, you will be given - may differ from plan to plan - 2 GB of data every day. Once you have consumed this amount of data, your data speed will be slowed down. It means, you can still access internet, but with slow connection. If you have large amount of data requirement, then you may want to change the plan and chose an appropriate one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2126121368061131/k2311a1226/12.26.10