Family Guy - Road to Multiverse  » TV  »
  • When I first saw this episode, I thought it would be like all of the other Road to… Family Guy episodes
  • I know some Japanese and was happy to see that they actually used the correct language
  • But the best universe, hands down, was the Disney Universe
  • With the ending being in a dog world where humans are in their canine’s counterparts places, I was a little disappointed

• by sarahdragon26

When I first saw this episode, I thought it would be like all of the other Road to… Family Guy episodes. Just Brian and Stewie running around, nothing with much meaning or humor involved in it. I loved this one. Because Brian and Stewie actually go on a funny adventure.

It all starts with Stewie winning in a pig contest and then he takes Brian through the different universes in different planes of reality. The first universe is a place where religion doesn’t exist and everything is far more advanced, making people look better. I can only imagine that if Meg is thin and beautiful in the first universe, what Lois really looked like? Talk about

a shocker. They both make stops in several different universes with different jokes involved in each one. The Flintstones universe is not very funny. Just like they had the idea to use the Flintstones and just stuck it in there, slapping some simple jokes together that missed their marks. Another universe is a bipolar double-headed universe when people had one head that was happy and another that was sad. Which immediately reminded me of people I knew that they had mood swings that could kill you. They were happy one moment and depressed the next. It was even weirder then you see a two headed Stewie kissing himself. If that doesn’t scream out that he’s going ...

• to be gay, nothing will. I laughed at the Japanese universe where Japan took over the USA in a universe where USA never dropped the bomb on Japan during the Second World War. It was great because they were really speaking Japanese. I know some Japanese and was happy to see that they actually used the correct language. When they went to the Robot Chicken universe, I finally saw what the show was. All clay. Not bad really, but not something I would watch. But the best universe, hands down, was the Disney Universe. They drew them just like Disney characters and even had a song with it. A cutiesy song about pie with Lois looking
        like Snow White and Meg like Ursula. I love how they always pick on her. Then Mort shows up and they kill him, which Stewie not surprised because it’s a Disney universe. I got a kick out of that.

With the ending being in a dog world where humans are in their canine’s counterparts places, I was a little disappointed. I was hoping for a bang to finish the episode. Something to make it really memorable. But it just ends with the human counterpart of Brian getting hit by a car, like a dog would have from the show. It was just lacking the punch it needed to make the ending better then anything showed during the show’s interior.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1026121368021031/k2311a1226/12.26.10