Maime32 Oldies Arcade Gaming Simulator  » Games  »
  • A whole new level of the gaming experience was reached with the introduction of the Sony PlayStation console, among things like the Sega PC and TV game

• by Alexd

Growing up in the early nineties was quiet a treat for me in terms of gaming as the pioneering in the gaming world was really in its innovative stage and on the brink of taking a major shift into new age gaming.

A whole new level of the gaming experience was reached with the introduction of the Sony PlayStation console, among things like the Sega PC and TV game. Although this would pave the way into gaming like we had never experienced before, like more realism

and better graphics, as with every true gamer, looking back at the good old days is always something nice to do as one thinks back to some timeless hit games such as Pac Man, Contra, Ninja Turtles, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Metal Slug and Super Sidekicks to name but a few.

Until I got hold of Maime32, a classic arcade game simulator of just about all the classic games one can think of, it was but just a dream to turn back the hands of time and again ...

• delve into the wonderful world of the classics.

Maime32 is presented in a simple interface, but seeking out the games that work with Windows XP took me a bit of a while and different names for repeated games is somewhat of a small price to pay for access to a plethora of classic arcade games I have grown to love way back in the day.

While some games don’t run at all and others run without sound, the mere fact that there is just about every classic game

I have ever come across in my life available to me, if I take the time to find it, makes for a great alternative to the latest stuff.

My favorite games are Metal Slug (Super Vehicle), Cadillacs and Dinosaurs as well as Super Sidekicks, but I find myself playing and replaying Metal Slug over and over again. I also tend to make some new discoveries each time I take the time to really look around with the most recent being Double Dragon – a game I absolutely loved growing up.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2826121367901031/k2311a1226/12.26.10